• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jose Delbo RIP

10 posts in this topic

He had been living in recent years here in Miami.  I saw him twice driving here because of his unmistakable personalized license plate that read, "COMICS".

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

He was one of my favorite instructors at the Kubert School. This was many years ago, possibly before Thundercats. He was VERY talented. He always called me "The Man Who Came In From The Cold". One afternoon his daughter popped in to visit him .... she looked like a super model. I didn't regain my ability to speak for several hours. :bigsmile: He told me it was a tough business to break into, and even tougher to actually make a living at. R.I.P. Brother Jose'. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Delbo's Brute Force 1 was one of the first comics I ever owned. I read that issue so much it fell apart. I was too young to know how goofy and terrible the story was. I just thought the cyber-enhanced animals were cool as hell.

image.png.4e29500ce4f617d014b877573917989a.png

I read comics with his art when I was very young, too young to even think of who did them (Transformers of course). All I noticed was the colouring, it bugged me that everyone was coloured wrong a lot of the time. 

Thanks Mr Delbo for making my childhood far more enjoyable.