• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! You Might Find It!
6 6

301 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2024 at 12:40 AM, lizards2 said:

Sorry - it's a watercolor of the Rhodesian Paradak. It was a watercolor that was shown in Soldier of Fortune Magazine ages ago. "Fireforce External" by John Hopkins, who does a lot of war watercolors. As you can imagine, trying to google "John Hopkins" is a nightmare. Finally found it at a London Auction house online with about three minutes left, and of course, put in my bid.

I was always intrigued by the painting because I was a smokejumper for nine years, parachuting into mountainous, rocky, rough terrain to put out forest fires. Add in people shooting at you, and you get the picture.

Thanks Mike, I knew you were a smoke jumper — in fact, I thought you were still at it sometimes? — but I didn’t know where it was from. A beautiful work that also touches on the personal; win-win!

:gossip: I think you missed me taking PP #28, we did so much talking last night you probably was laughing too hard :wink:

On 2/18/2024 at 10:09 PM, Azkaban said:

:gossip: I think you missed me taking PP #28, we did so much talking last night you probably was laughing too hard :wink:

Dadgum it, you’re right! Sorry! What the heck were you people thinking, leaving me in charge of this sales thread???

^^ Porky Pig #28! Thanks again Dwayne! :headbang:

And with that, we will start up with our Sunday night edition, loaded with affordable family fare such as low-grade minor LSH keys and other delights. We’ll save the bigger fish for the finale (Golden Age, silver keys from other than Marvel/DC, some notable romance books etc., tough 50’s books, etc.)