• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! You Might Find It!
6 6

301 posts in this topic

And that is everything planned for this thread! Thank you everyone for the takes, looks, and Kraps! 

Since we wrapped up on the early side, I am going to file three recently-added GA books into my PC (Lovers Lane #8, Kid Eternity #4 and Navy Heroes #1 — cuz I’d ask!) If I need room in the boxes, I may identify an item or two to add. But I am pretty sure I am done. Thanks again, and look it over — many things posted prior to tonight have received price cuts.

You never know— You Might Find It! :devil:

On 2/19/2024 at 7:19 PM, Readcomix said:

Four Color #1173 copy B. FN- structure with stain top back cover. Back cover has additional Twilight Zone material instead of ad. $100

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1139.jpeg

Looked at MCS website. They offer more money on the book with Travelers in the Twilight Zone than the book with the ad.  I never saw the book with the ad on the back cover before.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:41 PM, JollyComics said:

Looked at MCS website. They offer more money on the book with Travelers in the Twilight Zone than the book with the ad.  I never saw the book with the ad on the back cover before.

Interesting; not many on eBay, and Heritage had both in their archives but did not call out the difference. I didn’t notice a wide discrepancy in results. 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:40 PM, lizards2 said:

Sorry - it's a watercolor of the Rhodesian Paradak. It was a watercolor that was shown in Soldier of Fortune Magazine ages ago. "Fireforce External" by John Hopkins, who does a lot of war watercolors. As you can imagine, trying to google "John Hopkins" is a nightmare. Finally found it at a London Auction house online with about three minutes left, and of course, put in my bid.

I was always intrigued by the painting because I was a smokejumper for nine years, parachuting into mountainous, rocky, rough terrain to put out forest fires. Add in people shooting at you, and you get the picture.

I bet you missed the real adventure life. That’s explained why you collected the comic books with the parachute cover.

it’s kinda cool that you jumped out and fought fires.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:35 PM, lizards2 said:

It was a great time of life. Nine years - got to most western states and Alaska. 226 jumps, 108 on fires, I think.

Rocks, trees, stumps, cactus, wind. Luckily, I think I got out with the only injuries (that I know of so far) being a concussion (mild?) and a little barking in my right knee, which I can keep at bay through light exercise.

As far as the comic book covers with parachutes go, it is always fun to spot the stuff that defies the laws of physics. And a lot of the artists didn't have much concept of what they were drawing.

226 jumps!!!   You should be the skydiving instructor easily.  

That's too bad you are not the artist.  Just amazing!

On 2/20/2024 at 1:22 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Wings #26 (1942) in Fair — cover completely split and detached, but pages are supple and readable. 14 on census, IIRC.   $100

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

FLASH SALE!

$50 

oh FINE. Take😎

^^ Wings #26! Thank you Nate and welcome to the thread! :headbang: