• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditko Spiderman Pin-up on Comiclink
3 3

113 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2024 at 10:33 PM, grapeape said:

Well done fellas. Great job Glen. Thanks for reporting to C-Link Terry. Josh and the gang must be freaking out right now at the potential of that specific auction. The added info could be like winning a share of a reasonable lottery pot. 

Good luck to the consignees.

It seems odd that the consigner was a clearly a big fan (enough to go to the Marvel offices where they were given this), but was neither a big enough fan (nor sufficiently curious to investigate) to realize, in 50+ years, that the image was the basis for an image that has appeared countless times on all sorts of common spidey merchandise?  

Edited by BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES

On 3/6/2024 at 3:06 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

It seems odd that the consigner was a clearly a big fan (enough to go to the Marvel offices where they were given this), but was neither a big enough fan (nor sufficiently curious to investigate) to realize, in 50+ years, that the image was the basis for an image that has appeared countless times on all sorts of common spidey merchandise?  

Neither was Josh at C-Link apparently...

On 3/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Speaking as someone who has discovered quite a few pieces advertised as 'unpublished', which were published (not anywhere near the magnitude of this one) - I think it's easy for people who might not have an avid interest in the subject matter to be curious if it were published at all. Especially if it doesn't look familiar. That's where this place is really pretty awesome.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:27 PM, Peter G said:

Haha. Thx.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:32 PM, JC25427N said:

You'd need a DeLorean to answer that question today, the auction it's in starts on 5/16

I stole the DeLorean from that nerd Marty McFly. All I need now is an almanac with results for this years NCAA Men's 🏀 tournament winner. That'll put me over the top for the Ditko 6ft poster art! 💰--- Sincerly,

BIFF

IMG_0164.jpeg.cdff9b3beb3cce3d7b0e0e9494b00f33.jpeg

On 3/24/2024 at 4:19 PM, grapeape said:

I stole the DeLorean from that nerd Marty McFly. All I need now is an almanac with results for this years NCAA Men's 🏀 tournament winner. That'll put me over the top for the Ditko 6ft poster art! 💰--- Sincerly,

BIFF

IMG_0164.jpeg.cdff9b3beb3cce3d7b0e0e9494b00f33.jpeg

You just had a shot at one on Thursday!

IMG_0145.thumb.jpeg.f0e4166e99579f854b84bb688599d515.jpeg

The logic flaw in the Biff/Almanac timeline is that, eventually, sports books would adjust their odds to account for the fact that this guy never misses. He would have to get increasingly clever in his bets to disguise who he was in order not to distort the odds. 

On 3/25/2024 at 8:34 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

The logic flaw in the Biff/Almanac timeline is that, eventually, sports books would adjust their odds to account for the fact that this guy never misses. He would have to get increasingly clever in his bets to disguise who he was in order not to distort the odds. 

As a reformed gambler, I will agree with what you say 100%. I had that discussion with a friend of  mine. Even if you knew who was going to win a contest, your large bet would potentially grind your longshot into the "chalk."

On 3/25/2024 at 11:34 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Make 30% bad bets on purpose to throw that off?   

All you need to do is win more than you lose.     You could take your success rate down to a more believable level while still making a fortune.

Edited by Bronty

On 3/26/2024 at 4:24 PM, cstojano said:

There's also the risk of the plotline in 11.22.63 where you catch a beating at an inopportune time.

my brother was born on that actual year and date, and his name is JOHN! (Go figure)

Edited by romitaman