• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So we re scammed by DC on the number of pages...
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Yesterday i read a new wonderful issue of Superman (2nd serie #50)

HOWEVER! The cover indicate 48 freaking pages... what was my surprise when after this beautiful art panel...

20240218_171908.jpg.8acc69d398d347109bbf31721bae777c.jpg

Which is numbered as "PAGE 38" I got next the fans commentaries... GOD! Why did you lie to me DC!? 

I was even go online to check if my book had some missing pages but no its well complete. 

This isnt normal, i want some explanations! I understand now why the guys bought to the newsttands...

(Note: this topic is  on an humorous tone and i dont care of it but its doesnt change that i not understand why the number of page is wrong)

On 2/19/2024 at 9:27 AM, BA773 said:

HOWEVER! The cover indicate 48 freaking pages... what was my surprise when after this beautiful art panel...

Which is numbered as "PAGE 38" I got next the fans commentaries... GOD! Why did you lie to me DC!? 

I was even go online to check if my book had some missing pages but no its well complete. 

This isnt normal, i want some explanations! I understand now why the guys bought to the newsttands...

(Note: this topic is  on an humorous tone and i dont care of it but its doesnt change that i not understand why the number of page is wrong)

My advice is, just enjoy the comic.

In the 70s, we were down to 16 or 17 pages of material.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:46 PM, Ken Aldred said:

My advice is, just enjoy the comic.

In the 70s, we were down to 16 or 17 pages of material.

So if in your 70s you bought a comics who said "20 pages" and in reality there s only 16 you was accepting it?

And so will you also accept to pay the price of 500 gr of banane to got only 400 gr? 

Edited by BA773

On 2/19/2024 at 4:19 PM, BA773 said:

So if in your 70s you bought a comics who said "20 pages" and in reality there s only 16 you was accepting it?

And so will you also accept to pay the price of 500 gr of banane to got only 400 gr? 

In the 21st century we have seen widespread examples of shrinkflation and perhaps have become somewhat numb to it.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:47 PM, shadroch said:

Take a walk, get some sunshine and some fresh air. 

Perhaps not generally safe advice, as some fanboys may suffer abrupt newsprint odour withdrawal on sudden, unfamiliar exposure to fresh air.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:23 PM, Ken Aldred said:

In the 21st century we have seen widespread examples of shrinkflation and perhaps have become somewhat numb to it.

shrinkflation and lying are 2 different things 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:26 PM, BA773 said:

shrinkflation and lying are 2 different things 

Seems to be endemic at the supermarket these days.

With 1970s Marvel, you had to pray that months Avengers would be that months Avengers and not a fill-in or reprint.  In the space of a year, The Avengers had two reprint stories and a two-issue fill in story because editors couldn't meet their deadlines.  It was bad enough that you were getting more advertising pages than story, but then they snuck reprints into books with new, often unrelated covers 

On 2/19/2024 at 4:48 PM, shadroch said:

With 1970s Marvel, you had to pray that months Avengers would be that months Avengers and not a fill-in or reprint.  In the space of a year, The Avengers had two reprint stories and a two-issue fill in story because editors couldn't meet their deadlines.  It was bad enough that you were getting more advertising pages than story, but then they snuck reprints into books with new, often unrelated covers 

130’s to 140’s period, just after the Celestial Madonna storyline.

They blew the 150th Anniversary issue, as well.   136 reprinted a Beast story from only a couple years before.   In issue 142, the Avengers start a multi-issue arc involving the Sinister Squadron, only to be interrupted by a two-issue inventory story.  Issue 149 announces the big 150th Anniversary issue and promises the debut of a new team of Avengers.  Instead, we got a couple of new pages framing a reprint of most of Avengers 16, and the new team is put off until issue 151. 

Say what you want about Stan Lee, but he never would have allowed this.

On 2/19/2024 at 4:27 AM, BA773 said:

So, did the non-story pages =10 in total?

therefore 38 of story plus 10 pages of ads, letters columns, etc = 48 pages.  Right?

On 2/19/2024 at 1:27 AM, BA773 said:

It looks like Clark is proposing under the freeway?!!  Yes, I can read the sign but I've never seen a hospital parking lot look like that.

How romantic!

On 2/19/2024 at 5:48 PM, shadroch said:

This is Marvel im not surprised...

(Please dont quote Tales of the New Teen Titans lol)

Edited by BA773

On 2/19/2024 at 6:08 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Call Dylan, he'll help you take down DC.

What do you mean? lol