• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happens when I hit 50 posts?
8 8

58 posts in this topic

Thank you Hudson for the insight of your experiences. I know right now I have nothing of value to offer anyone here besides my motivation to be in this hobby and interact in the past services CGC offers and sells by purchasing products they have produced. And maybe one day transact directly with CGC with the services they offer. As you described, I am on the same journey you began (and everyone else).  Cheers! and thank you!

On 2/28/2024 at 7:55 AM, Kortoga said:

I know right now I have nothing of value to offer anyone here besides my motivation to be in this hobby and interact in the past services CGC offers and sells by purchasing products they have produced.

You have plenty to offer - just hang out and participate in the conversations. That's really what this place is about. The buying and selling aspect are a small part of what makes this place fun. Bringing what you know, and asking about what you don't know is the great part of what these Boards offer. Welcome!

On 2/28/2024 at 6:55 AM, Kortoga said:

Thank you Hudson for the insight of your experiences. I know right now I have nothing of value to offer anyone here besides my motivation to be in this hobby and interact in the past services CGC offers and sells by purchasing products they have produced. And maybe one day transact directly with CGC with the services they offer. As you described, I am on the same journey you began (and everyone else).  Cheers! and thank you!

you are an enthusiastic new member  ! welcome to the boards !

On 2/26/2024 at 3:49 AM, Kortoga said:

My intent is to purchase Seven to Eternity #1A, first print, 9.8, CGCs, signed by Rick Remender and Jerome Opena

On 2/26/2024 at 12:09 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm guessing a copy signed by Remender and Opena is a pretty rare item.  Good luck on the quest.

It looks like there are currently 105 CGC 9.8 copies of this book that are all signature series. How many are double signed by writer and artist is unknown but I'd think at least half?:wishluck:

image.thumb.png.0fefb25beec04eee73af7a0bacee5ecb.png

Anyway, good luck @Kortoga and welcome to the boards!! WHEN (I won't say IF) you find a copy, please let us know and post a pic!:banana:

On 2/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, Dr. Balls said:

You have plenty to offer - just hang out and participate in the conversations. That's really what this place is about. The buying and selling aspect are a small part of what makes this place fun. Bringing what you know, and asking about what you don't know is the great part of what these Boards offer. Welcome!

Or you could just visit the cornfield.  corn-corn-field.gif.7efbc251d7d4f1dc170bfeffe415138b.gif

On 2/28/2024 at 9:31 PM, grendel013 said:

This one's still pretty cool.

Yes, that comic is cool. However, I am trying to figure out what your post is saying. Is this comic available for sale somewhere? Do you own this comic?

I have specifically wondered if I should purchase a 9.8 signed by Jerome Opena, then somehow get it signed by Rick Remender and re-graded. I have zero, absolutely zero experience in doing this. But everything is figureoutable and I don't mind trying!

On 2/29/2024 at 3:25 AM, Kortoga said:

Yes, that comic is cool. However, I am trying to figure out what your post is saying. Is this comic available for sale somewhere? Do you own this comic?

I have specifically wondered if I should purchase a 9.8 signed by Jerome Opena, then somehow get it signed by Rick Remender and re-graded. I have zero, absolutely zero experience in doing this. But everything is figureoutable and I don't mind trying!

I actually went on the CGC registry and searched through the Seven to Eternity set. I went through every member who has a registered set and checked out everyone who had a graded 9.8 copy of issue 1A. I then took the cert number and looked that up on the census to get the details.

Probably about 5 or 6 members had an autographed copy with just Opena's signature. This member happened to have this particular copy from Opera's personal collection. Nobody had a double signed issue or even one just signed by Remender.

I don't know off hand if that member/owner is also on these boards but it is possible to contact them through the registry.  But I was thinking along those lines. If you can't find a double signed 9.8 maybe get a signed Opena copy and then hunt down Remender for a sig.

grendel013, I had no idea that was a process that could be done. Thank you for sharing, I will use that method! And was already thinking of purchasing a signed Opena, then traveling down the path for Remender. I am assuming Remender is easier to track down.

man, thanks a lot!

On 2/29/2024 at 10:13 AM, Kortoga said:

grendel013, I had no idea that was a process that could be done. Thank you for sharing, I will use that method! And was already thinking of purchasing a signed Opena, then traveling down the path for Remender. I am assuming Remender is easier to track down.

man, thanks a lot!

You are quite welcome. :highfive:

It can be a be a bit tedious but many of the boardies here use this approach I'm sure. I myself work with data for my profession so I use those skills in my hobby. ^^

On 2/29/2024 at 10:13 AM, Kortoga said:

man, thanks a lot!

As I mentioned in my previous posts, you can find a LOT of great people here willing to help you find whatever you are looking for; people who have nothing to gain other than the ultimate satisfaction of helping another collector (a fellow human being) with attaining their dream collection.  Many thanks to @grendel013 for taking the time and effort to provide this data.  :golfclap:

• Administrator
On 3/4/2024 at 9:29 PM, piper said:

I thought this was about turning 50... :kidaround:

I think I ended up with a couple of extra grey hairs.  Maybe 50 of them?  :preach: