• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five's 5th Annual Grading Contest: ROUND 4 BOOKS!
4 4

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

12. True Love Pictorial #6  

I had this at 3.5 in hand and most folks were somewhere around there too. Structure is pretty tight... strict grading on this one.

truelovepictorial6slab.thumb.jpg.c3bf314d4fe731041731fa1eb12542aa.jpg

Edited by Point Five

On 3/15/2024 at 10:44 PM, Mars76 said:

I had the crime mysteries at a 4.0. Too much creasing for me to give it a higher than a 5.0.

Some of you were pretty harsh on that poor Crime Mysteries!  hm 

There's wear on/around the spine, true, but the book has positives... the rest of the cover looks clean and sharp. To me this is one of those forest-for-the-trees type things... someone not super plugged into grading like we are would consider this a *really* well-preserved 1950s comic book.  2c 

I was right in there on all of them, mostly by comparing them to actual grades from other books earlier in the contest. I hit the bull on Fight and Crime Mysteries, off by one on True Love (2.5) and Superman (2.0).

I’ll take it for sure. Thanks point five for organizing, and thanks to the rest of you for the perfect gifs!