• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error Message
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Anyone ever get this message when trying to add books to a set?

"An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience."

Thanks

-Chad The Collector

I have received that message many times, although it has been several years since the last one. To my recollection, after a day or two I would again register the comic book and it would be accepted. Hopefully, your experience will be the same.

On 3/24/2024 at 6:20 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I have received that message many times, although it has been several years since the last one. To my recollection, after a day or two I would again register the comic book and it would be accepted. Hopefully, your experience will be the same.

Appreciate the input.  Looks like other people are in the same boat as me.  I've been trying for a week now and still nothing.

• Administrator

All - I have recreated this bug and it appears that this is happening when people are trying to add books to Custom sets. It's happening specifically when attempting to add certs to a Custom set that ARE NOT already in your inventory. I have reported this bug to the developers and asked that they prioritize it. 

You CAN add books to Custom sets if they are in your inventory. I absolutely realize this is a problem and creates more work for you, but this is a workaround for now until the bug is fixed. 

Here are some images to illustrate what this looks like. The first set of images show the scenario when using the Add From Inventory button, and the successful add: 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Here is the same Custom set, and an attempt to add a cert using the Add New button. This cert WAS NOT present in my inventory in a Competitive set, and this is where the bug exists: 

image.png

image.png

image.png

I was not able to recreate this bug with Competitive sets using multiple valid certs; they all added with no problem. If you're having trouble adding books to Competitive sets please post in this thread. 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:34 AM, jstam said:

All - I have recreated this bug and it appears that this is happening when people are trying to add books to Custom sets. It's happening specifically when attempting to add certs to a Custom set that ARE NOT already in your inventory. I have reported this bug to the developers and asked that they prioritize it. 

You CAN add books to Custom sets if they are in your inventory. I absolutely realize this is a problem and creates more work for you, but this is a workaround for now until the bug is fixed. 

Are you saying the only way I can add new slabs to inventory is to find a Competitive Set they would be in (IF THERE IS ONE??) and create through there?

I only ever created a Custom Set because I didn't know any other way to add ALL my slabs to the inventory. Am I missing something? Can you confirm?

If that's the case I may wait till the bug is fixed. Meh.

• Administrator

@grendel013 Unfortunately, yes. Again, I realize it is more work and I certainly do not want this to be the case, but until the bugs are fixed this is the situation.

If you need a Competitive set to be created I'm happy to do it, just submit the request through the new form. 

What is odd for me, is I can edit book descriptions but not set descriptions.

When I edit a set description and hit save it jumps the page back to that sets home page showing the edits didn't save....

So idk

Is there any discrepancy on the term "baring the stars and stripes?" Or " bearing the stars and stripes?"

I guess sometimes not only spelling but turn a phrase for me can get out of whack.

Probably thinking faster than I type 😂 🤔 

Edit to say for a captain America set

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/27/2024 at 1:23 PM, Steppenwolfscomics said:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just type in the cert number directly into the set. Never knew you could do that, I had always used a generic custom set to register all my books. 

Same here. This is a pain in the butt. I did one. I save the other 4 for later.:makepoint:

On 3/27/2024 at 9:42 PM, grendel013 said:
On 3/27/2024 at 12:23 PM, Steppenwolfscomics said:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just type in the cert number directly into the set. Never knew you could do that, I had always used a generic custom set to register all my books. 

Same here. This is a pain in the butt. I did one. I save the other 4 for later.:makepoint:

Glad it was opened to you, idk why but the whole thing can seem daunting, and it takes a village.

My bad if I hadn't somehow made that clear in the past. They are currently updating everything so the underpinnings may somehow get taken for granted.

Just an FYI, if it says the cert is under another registered user, which happens from time to time when the book either new to you or whatever that is normally fixed by a pick of the book and a pm.

Getting ahead of myself. But the past registry user has to ok the transfer if they already had it in there own registry, when you then have bought it and try to transfer.

When you try to register in the registry, it will send the past owner an email to "transfer it."

If that doesn't work pm @jstam with a picture in front of a time-stamp like a monitor or laptop with the registry open, then admin can manually see proof of ownership to manually transfer.

It may seem like a pain, but is good news when you own one and it is registered, as no one should be able then to use your cert otherwise YOU'D get the email and can deny the transfer and pm admin to make sure etc.

Registry imo also helps you keep track of books for cert numbers, cutting down on theft and reports or etc. kind of like a serial number.

Then if it gets tried to transfer go from there, and long story but is some of my theory of benefits to it. Seems more "official" than a unnotarized piece of paper idk 😶😐

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/27/2024 at 10:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad it was opened to you, idk why but the whole thing can seem daunting, and it takes a village.

My bad if I hadn't somehow made that clear in the past. They are currently updating everything so the underpinnings may somehow get taken for granted.

Just an FYI, if it says the cert is under another registered user, which happens from time to time when the book either new to you or whatever that is normally fixed by a pick of the book and a pm.

Getting ahead of myself. But the past registry user has to ok the transfer if they already had it in there own registry, when you then have bought it and try to transfer.

When you try to register in the registry, it will send the past owner an email to "transfer it."

If that doesn't work pm @jstam with a picture in front of a time-stamp like a monitor or laptop with the registry open, then admin can manually see proof of ownership to manually transfer.

It may seem like a pain, but is good news when you own one and it is registered, as no one should be able then to use your cert otherwise YOU'D get the email and can deny the transfer and pm admin to make sure etc.

Registry imo also helps you keep track of books for cert numbers, cutting down on theft and reports or etc. kind of like a serial number.

Then if it gets tried to transfer go from there, and long story but is some of my theory of benefits to it. Seems more "official" than a unnotarized piece of paper idk 😶😐

I bought a slab off ebay once and the transfer went super quick. I just have pipe dreams that my submissions would automatically get imported to the registry. I guess this isn't a great option for submitters who will immediately flip but I like everything being in my inventory and then I delete if I sell anything. I just like saving time as this hobby can be very time consuming as we all know.

Just an FYI to others, I already reported this.  I got the error when adding a new book to a custom set so I tried adding it to a competitive set.  The thing is, I was creating a "new" competitive set and it didn't like that either.  This was what I got:  

DHIssue.JPG.3e7d4ab2427f7783a49148db049b4c1d.JPG

I guess the errors are related.  Just a head's up all!  :foryou:

On 3/27/2024 at 6:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What is odd for me, is I can edit book descriptions but not set descriptions.

When I edit a set description and hit save it jumps the page back to that sets home page showing the edits didn't save....

So idk

Is there any discrepancy on the term "baring the stars and stripes?" Or " bearing the stars and stripes?"

I guess sometimes not only spelling but turn a phrase for me can get out of whack.

Probably thinking faster than I type 😂 🤔 

Edit to say for a captain America set

"When I edit a set description and hit save it jumps the page back to that sets home page showing the edits didn't save...."

I'm also experiencing this problem, and reported it.