• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pricing help
2 2

12 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2024 at 1:48 PM, ItzNotDatSeriouz said:

Im new to this and i want to submit a signed comic book to be graded i have batman No.7 signed by bob kane but i cant find its dedicated value to submit it wondering if anyone can help

Unfortunately, your book is likely to come back with a "writing in pen on cover" designation on the label.  CGC does not accept any verification of autographs but their own Signature Series books.  I'm not sure if the book will be graded down based on the "writing." 

For a value, I'd suggest you try to determine the approximate grade you think it will receive and then find a value for that on GPA or eBay sold listings.

I should add, that if you do decide to submit the book for grading and you have a Certificate of Authenticity for Kane's signature, DO NOT send it in with the book.  CGC does not recognize COAs and will in fact throw it in the trash if it's in with the book.

Edited by MattTheDuck

I would also add, it appears that cgc is in the process of acquiring a company that DOES do signature authentications.  So while CGC DOES NOT DO signature authentications NOW, it is likely that they will start doing it in the next year or so.  So if eventually you do intend to submit, it may be in your best interest to wait. 

Of course that might depend on how quickly you need the money or how sure you are the signature is legit.  Dig around for a press release if you want more info on the company acquisition.

On 3/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, ItzNotDatSeriouz said:

Im new to this and i want to submit a signed comic book to be graded i have batman No.7 signed by bob kane but i cant find its dedicated value to submit it wondering if anyone can help

Which Batman #7, 1941 or 2016?

On 3/24/2024 at 2:48 PM, ItzNotDatSeriouz said:

Difficult to give you a value without knowing the approximate grade of the book.

Assuming it is a Batman #7 from 1941 a CGC 6.0 recently sold for $4300 usd.  Higher grades are worth more and lower grades less.  There's no Bob Kane signatures recognized by CGC because he died 2 years before CGC was created and CGC has to witness a signature to authenticate it.  As vevat points out CGC is in the process of acquiring a company that authenticates signatures so you would be wise to hold off submitting until that happens 

• Administrator

We will be starting to accept signature authentication some time in April.  It may be better to wait until then to sent this book to us.  Otherwise, it would be placed in a green holder saying Bob Cane written (wherever the signature is)

image.png

On 3/25/2024 at 10:19 AM, CGC Mike said:

We will be starting to accept signature authentication some time in April.  It may be better to wait until then to sent this book to us.  Otherwise, it would be placed in a green holder saying Bob Cane written (wherever the signature is)

I don't believe the OP has stated that the signature is on the outside cover (or that he/she wasn't willing to accept a small downgrade for an unwitnessed signature).  :gossip:  There are literally scores of books with unwitnessed signatures in Blue Label (Universal) holders.  :hi:

Edited by zzutak

On 3/25/2024 at 10:08 AM, shadroch said:

Mr. Kane dies in the late 1990s.

But the question still stands.  I'll write sign Bob Kane on your 2016 book.  B|

On 3/24/2024 at 2:48 PM, ItzNotDatSeriouz said:

Don't have any idea what the grade is from your post.  A 2.0 sold for about $1600 last year, a 6.0 sold for $4300 this year, a 9.0 sold for $33000 in 2020.  Sorry, I don't know what a Kane signature would add to the value.