• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry Bugs - UPDATE 4/24
8 8

27 posts in this topic

• Administrator

All -

I've been made aware of several bugs and wanted to let everyone know that the following have been reported. We're unsure if these bugs are affecting everyone or if they're isolated to a specific block of users. 

- Unable to add books to Custom sets that are not already in a Competitive set (inventory)

- Unable to edit/add Set Names/Descriptions in Competitive sets

- Unable to create new Competitive sets (message given contains "must give people ID")

- Failed adds deleting images from Custom sets. In this bug, the scenario is that a person adds a book to their Custom set and includes pictures. They then attempt to add the same book to a Competitive set, and it generates a failed add for whatever reason. Once the failed add is resolved in the Competitive set, the pictures disappear from the Custom set. This does not seem to happen without the failed add taking place.

- Point values not generating, showing a score of 0 or 1

Please know that that we will work to get these fixed as quickly as possible. I have no estimate for the resolution, but will update this thread when I do, and when they are fixed.

***UPDATE*** I am told that we should have resolution to the "Unable to add books to Custom Sets that are not already in Competitive set (inventory)" by next week. The rest should be resolved by 4/30. These are not guarantees. This is the information that I've been given and I'm passing it over to you.

***UPDATE 4/24*** I have tested over several accounts this morning and it appears that the Custom Sets bug has been resolved. You should be able to add books to Custom sets that are not in your inventory. The other bugs are still outstanding.

Hi,

I couldn't add a new slot request using the link.  I was unable to choose an option from the first drop down box.  Was trying to add 4404191015 to X-Men Age of Apocalypse.

Thanks

Kevin

I am still experiencing the following issue - "Unable to add books to Custom sets that are not already in a Competitive set (inventory)"

I am unable to add any new books to my sets at all, custom or otherwise.  Keep getting this error message directly after the saving a book:

"An error occurred during your last request. The error was logged and will be reported to the webmaster automatically.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience. "

Unsure if you were aware as to yet but I've seen others report on it happening a few weeks now.

new bug when I try to add a comic set. Not a custom set. I get the error:  Set not found with the specified set ID. Then an ngc error shows, but I'm in the comics.

Category:

Set Type:
Owner:
Last Modified:
Views:
NGC US Coin Price Guide Total: **

Current Standings
coin_arrow_left.gif Previous  |  Next coin_arrow_right.gif

You must give a people set ID!

On 4/10/2024 at 3:10 PM, jstam said:

@Daffaholic @ChasA These are part of the known bugs that have been reported. Resolution is coming and I will update this thread as soon as it's all fixed. 

How's it going?  It's been a hot minute...

Hello all.  Yes, I know the "bug" is still being worked on but I found a temporary hack last night.  

Like most of you (I assume) I'd go to add a competitive set here and get that error:

image.png.bda7b47dfdffdc4f2ba9ea0d555e1315.png

Instead, go here and find the set you want to create.  In this case I wanted to make a Darkhawk set so I went here and chose D:

image.thumb.png.95e76ebce0bd0a438f37667dc03d9865.png

Then I just found Darkhawk and it got me here.  Then clicked on the "Create a Set button" and it worked!

image.thumb.png.2bf194e5c03c4aa19f7074f2fadc50de.png

You can add in new books or it can auto populate in this set takes books from other sets.  It's all good!!!  :banana:

There is 1 downside though.  You can't name your set or add a description to it.  I tried to save these aspects a few times but no dice.  However you can add books and worry about the set names later.  They'll end up looking like this:

image.thumb.png.ba0190efca82fa41b16d9cd90c8fea91.png

So there ya go!  Hope this helps!  

I'll @jstam just to make sure he gets this and can notify the developers.  

Thank you for that, but that isn't the issue that I am having.  I already have custom sets established.  The system is not allowing me to add any new comics at all to any set, established or custom.  That's where I am getting the error. 

I have a stack of comics that I need to add to the database and my sets, and as the pile grows my wife is getting more suspicious and angry, so any help would be fantastic!  :)

On 4/23/2024 at 10:49 AM, Daffaholic said:

Thank you for that, but that isn't the issue that I am having.  I already have custom sets established.  The system is not allowing me to add any new comics at all to any set, established or custom.  That's where I am getting the error. 

I have a stack of comics that I need to add to the database and my sets, and as the pile grows my wife is getting more suspicious and angry, so any help would be fantastic!  :)

lol

• Administrator

@Daffaholic You should have been able to add new books not in your inventory to established Custom sets as of yesterday. I tested your account specifically with this and had success.

The bug affecting creation of new Competitive sets and making changes to Competitive sets is still outstanding. I am updating this thread as I get information directly at the top.