• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer(1968) #4
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

looking for estimates on this well read copy. From what I can see, the front cover is hanging on by the original middle staple, and 2 new ones have been added to hold it in place, one at the top, and one at the bottom. The front cover appears to have been detached apart from at the middle staple. 
Thank you! 

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1311.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg

IMG_1316.jpeg

On 4/8/2024 at 4:30 AM, zzutak said:

Incorrect.  The covers on these SA Marvel square-bounds were attached via a bead of adhesive placed along the spine (as is done in the method known as "perfect binding").  Staples were used during production, but only to hold together the interior leaves/wraps.  Your images of the back cover indicate that three post-manufacturing staples have been added.  For what it's worth ......  :foryou:

SS4.thumb.jpg.cb628d69ab4a0bb89c46248270e86d9d.jpg

It’s worth a lot to me! I have so few of these square bounds, you are so right, no evidence of any staples on the back covers of any of them.  Front cover completely split, 3 staples added after production. Thanks a lot for clearing that one up. 

On 4/9/2024 at 5:57 PM, I’m Rick Jones person_without_enough_empathy said:

It’s worth a lot to me! I have so few of these square bounds, you are so right, no evidence of any staples on the back covers of any of them.  Front cover completely split, 3 staples added after production. Thanks a lot for clearing that one up. 

I’m this case, 1.5 fo sho.

Still a very fun read!