• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scott Blair has passed away.

5 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that Scott Blair has passed away. He has had a lengthy battle with cancer and as I'm seeing from his friends and family on facebook it has finally taken him from us. 

Scott was one of the og sketch cover artists in the 2010's and was (to my knowledge) one of the first artists who were savvy enough to submit and sell their own graded sketch covers. 

I know for a fact many of you got sketch covers from him over the years at the many cons he attended. I witnessed for a few of you picking up sketches and I know I've had multiple chats at the signature series booth as everyone admires and compares sketches he had drawn.

I'm proud to say he was a friend and introduced me to many other artists and collectors alike. 

Screenshot_20240406_002630_Samsung Internet.jpg

This as always is terrible news; I own a number of sketch covers from Scott. Both brothers have had nothing but a terrible time medically for the last 20 years, Garrett is currently fighting his own battle and this will be a very tough time.

Very sad to hear. The few conversations I had with him showed that he was a very nice and genuine person.

I was only able to get 1 sketch cover from him during his last KS campaign, and I can't see ever parting with it. 

That's terrible to hear. He setup as an artist at my Tampa Bay Comic Con for years. He was very prominent in the Central Florida comic scene. A good guy to have in the hobby. I'm sad to hear he went through so much and is gone.