• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 4
11 11

206 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

what crease? :roflmao:

image.png.8a4e0493475feab3527e514ab57eb7ac.png

My only bullseye this round. :foryou:

Edited by grendelbo

I'm biased because I did well, but I really liked that there were several books in this particular contest with singular, notable defects, that challenged your ability to assess what that defect was worth, so to speak.  As opposed to the ones where there are defects all over the book and who knows how much any one affects the grade. 

(note, I'm not saying that CGC themselves are correctly assessing what a defect should be worth, but, it is their own system)

Thanks again, Mike!

By far my worst contest with three 8 point rounds and a 9. I tend to do better with a mix of low, mid and high grade books rather than a blur of high grade books with mostly subtle differences.

Posted (edited)

Two 🎯 and 3 points. Had X-men at 9.6 and changed at the last minute.

• Silver Surfer #10 - 8.0 (8.0) 🎯
  • X-Men #87 - 9.4 (9.6) 1
  • Jungle Action #21 - 9.2 (9.4) 1
  • Web of Spidey #51 - 7.0 (6.5) 1
  • Y: The Last Man #1 - 9.0 (9.0) 🎯

Ending with 22 points, 7 bulls and +5 on CA #192 and its production defect! Oh well. 

Thanks again to CGC Mike and his sprites for another frustratingly awesome contest. 

See you in July!

Edited by ChrispyC66

Thanks again and always @CGC Mike for giving us some quality time on things. I never feel the pressure on it anymore, because it's all in good fun! Thanks for forgiving our blunders with heart ❤️

6 points for me this round, I’ll take it. 

I saw the crease on WoS, but went 7.5 because of how well it presents otherwise. (I actually own an ASM129 with a longer crease that’s a 7.0)

I’ll guess 9.8 in honor of May the 4th, and echo the comments of others - great contest, tons of fun, and I always learn something. 

thanks Mike!

Bulls on the Y, WAAY off on the X-Men, 1-2 off on the others; 11 pts

Thanks for hosting, Mike, and to all that have participated!  Congrats to the winners!  Season 3 #10 was the best I've done at grading so far.  Practice makes perfect (thumbsu

On 5/4/2024 at 7:12 PM, CGC Mike said:

I'm going to give this to you guys for fun.  You can post grades in the thread.  I'll post the actual grade tomorrow night.   No PM's LOL  May the force be with you.

star wars heir to the empire #1 front.jpg

star wars heir to the empire #1 back.jpg

Giving this a 9.4 :wishluck:

I'm going to give this to you guys for fun.  You can post grades in the thread.  I'll post the actual grade tomorrow night.   No PM's LOL  May the force be with you.

star wars heir to the empire #1 front.jpg

star wars heir to the empire #1 back.jpg

9.2!