• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survey: Timing of CGC Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #10
4 4

Survey: Timing of CGC Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #10  

17 members have voted

1. 1. When would you prefer for me to release my Grading Contest Awards Based on Cumulative Performance Through Contest #10

• ASAP (i.e. shortly after Mike shares results for round 4 in a format that I can copy and paste into Excel)
    • At the start of the next contest (like I did for cumulative performance through Contest #9)
    • Crack option

22 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2024 at 8:17 PM, grendelbo said:

I don't know what "crack option" is but do it at your convenience.

is-it.gif.b0a294dcfbd347866698be6ad8b067ba.gif

lol Back when I joined the CGC boards in 2006, it seemed like every poll had a crack option. I think it's basically an option for those that read the poll that don't really care either way. Someone else more familiar with the history or the "crack option" may be able to provide a clearer definition (or if no one else knows what I'm talking about, then maybe I'm on crack lol)

On 5/4/2024 at 8:22 PM, zzutak said:

Agreed.  Your effort (which is much appreciated (worship) ), so your call.  :preach:

Thanks, buddy, and good luck to you and all other remaining contenders for this contest, in finishing in the top 3, or picking up the generous 6th place prize offered up by @Get Marwood & I!

On 5/4/2024 at 10:06 PM, AJD said:

Do it now, and bump it when the next contest starts. 2c Whatever you choose, thank you!

Agreed. I know I bombed this one so let's pull it off like a bandaid as quickly as possible.  :facepalm: 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:15 PM, Lninefingers said:

I vote now because I think I actually have enough entries now to join the list!

(although seriously, whenever is best for you - your work is super appreciated)

You are correct. I'll set the minimum contest requirement to qualify for the top 50 cumulative rankings list through contest #10 at 4.75 contests (as usual, I take total contests divided by two subtract 0.25 = 10 / 2 - 0.25 = 4.75). by completing all 4 rounds of this contest you'll have 5 total contests under your belt through contest #10.

Based on results of the survey I am preparing updated cumulative top 50 rankings through contest #10 now, and will release the results shortly.

@CGC Mike - As part of my updates, I also update the "Rookie of the Year" (which I should probably call "Top Rookie" since we have 4 contests per year). To that end: I am seeing what appears to be a new entrant named @Nschenks in contest #10, however, I see that there was an Nsschenks that participated in 3 prior contests. Do you know if that is the same boardie?

Is there a subforum that provides name changes that you can point me to? If so, then maybe I can reference that in order to better keep all cumulative rankings together for a given participant across all of their usernames. Presumably not too many name changes, so probably not a big deal.

On 5/5/2024 at 8:30 PM, Superman2006 said:

Based on results of the survey I am preparing updated cumulative top 50 rankings through contest #10 now, and will release the results shortly.

@CGC Mike - As part of my updates, I also update the "Rookie of the Year" (which I should probably call "Top Rookie" since we have 4 contests per year). To that end: I am seeing what appears to be a new entrant named @Nschenks in contest #10, however, I see that there was an Nsschenks that participated in 3 prior contests. Do you know if that is the same boardie?

Is there a subforum that provides name changes that you can point me to? If so, then maybe I can reference that in order to better keep all cumulative rankings together for a given participant across all of their usernames. Presumably not too many name changes, so probably not a big deal.

Hi yes that’s me! Just adjusted my username a few weeks ago.

On 5/5/2024 at 8:30 PM, Superman2006 said:

IMO this Nschenks guy is the wave of the future. That Nsschenks guy sucked!!!

.... Oh hold on, just read the post above. OK, scratch that.