• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
27 27

2,123 posts in this topic

this thread is kanging around longer than that old Kang thread... 

100 pages of a future study in business management classes on how to sink a top company.

I think the point of no return is still a few weeks away, but cgc seems determined to be right about being wrong.

Just going by basic corporate playbooks, I would expect a public announcement of changes at/near the top to "right the ship" or whatever other term they decide to use.

If this is still status quo by the time we eat turkey, their goose is cooked imo.

Dfpqk2e-e1b6dc9b-a73c-41ff-ab9b-f5616cb61d01.png

• Administrator
On 10/2/2024 at 12:20 PM, CGC Mike said:

CGC has already stopped using the inner well in question, and all wells going out should be flat. If anyone suspects they have received a curved well in a new order, please contact @MattM CS

To expedite customer service assistance regarding this, please send your messages to service@cgccomics.com instead of MattM CS.  Thanks!

On 10/3/2024 at 6:57 AM, HotKey said:

this thread is kanging around longer than that old Kang thread... 

100 pages of a future study in business management classes on how to sink a top company.

I think the point of no return is still a few weeks away, but cgc seems determined to be right about being wrong.

Just going by basic corporate playbooks, I would expect a public announcement of changes at/near the top to "right the ship" or whatever other term they decide to use.

If this is still status quo by the time we eat turkey, their goose is cooked imo.

Dfpqk2e-e1b6dc9b-a73c-41ff-ab9b-f5616cb61d01.png

I agree with this posts message, but I am a fan of Kang as a villain and have a portion of my collection dedicated to his storylines and key books. 

I am not familiar with the thread you’re talking about though, so you may be right about that specific one. 

PS: I thought “There are no words” was a really cool issue. 

On 10/3/2024 at 8:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

To expedite customer service assistance regarding this....

We are in no hurry, but silence is telling. 

Well past time for "the man" to make a statement on this. 

Edited by newshane

On 10/3/2024 at 7:33 AM, MadGenius said:

This is the same customer service email where the reps quote the official CGC statement that the curve in the inner well is normal and is not damaging books and, also, that a different inner well is being used now and everything is fine? 

Yep! That's the one.

• Administrator
On 10/3/2024 at 12:06 PM, Nothin' Butt Keys said:
On 10/3/2024 at 10:33 AM, MadGenius said:

This is the same customer service email where the reps quote the official CGC statement that the curve in the inner well is normal and is not damaging books and, also, that a different inner well is being used now and everything is fine? 

Yep! That's the one.

There has been a new statement regarding this.

CGC has already stopped using the inner well in question, and all wells going out should be flat. If anyone suspects they have received a curved well in a new order, please contact service@cgccomics.com

On 10/3/2024 at 11:21 AM, MadGenius said:

So, presumably, if anyone is receiving a curved inner well CGC will be reholdering it for free? How does this policy apply to the thousands of compromised inner wells that have been pumped out over the last year or so?

That was going to be my question.  Beat me to it.  Mine was reholdered in July, was still warped the second time, and still needs to be resolved.

• Administrator
On 10/3/2024 at 12:28 PM, DanJD said:
On 10/3/2024 at 12:21 PM, MadGenius said:

So, presumably, if anyone is receiving a curved inner well CGC will be reholdering it for free? How does this policy apply to the thousands of compromised inner wells that have been pumped out over the last year or so?

That was going to be my question.  Beat me to it.  Mine was reholdered in July, was still warped the second time, and still needs to be resolved.

My post includes submissions where we stopped using the inner well in question.  I have not received a statement regarding previous submissions.  Anyhow, all questions about submissions needs to be addressed by customer service, as I am not authorized to answer them.  Sorry.

If I receive a new statement, I will post it.

On 10/2/2024 at 3:10 PM, grendel013 said:

I'm smelling a conspiracy. On May 5th @CGC Mike starts a thread about Bananas in the Water Cooler. Nine days later this thread starts...:banana:This all transpired of course soon after the addition of Canadian Banana Flag gif. :451621943_canadianbananaflaggif:

Strange...

So, it's all the Canadians fault?

How come when I simply search "CGC" in Google...PSA is above CGC?

Thats messed up, man.

Im not putting "grading" or anything else...just "CGC".

Do they pay Google to make this possible?... because theres no "C" or "G" in PSA.

:roflmao:

On 10/3/2024 at 9:15 AM, CGC Mike said:

There has been a new statement regarding this.

CGC has already stopped using the inner well in question, and all wells going out should be flat. If anyone suspects they have received a curved well in a new order, please contact service@cgccomics.com

Mike,

Regarding the bend, is there any way to get official photographic examples of what is acceptable and what is not from CGC? I'm curious if what CGC considers flat is different than what boardies consider flat.

On 10/3/2024 at 12:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

If anyone suspects they have received a curved well in a new order, please contact service@cgccomics.com

But what if you DID contact CS and sent them photos and everything and their response was

"This curve does not cause any damage to the comic book, and it does not affect the grade in any way. The angle of bend required to create a stress line simply cannot be done within the CGC holder."

I guess I am just SOL?