• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
23 23

1,648 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2024 at 3:10 PM, BraveDave said:

Ideally, and what I was told, is there are no issues with the current encapsulation process. I don’t think someone should be crossing their fingers for correcting damage…

Based on your posts, you don’t have damage, but many of us do have pretty significant damage.  I am for sure crossing my fingers hoping the re-press fixes the damage, and if not, that they make it right.

On 7/16/2024 at 3:28 PM, Gaard said:

Star-Wars-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-These-arent-the-droids-youre-looking-meme-2.jpg

Just about sums it up. :facepalm:

On 7/16/2024 at 7:19 PM, BraveDave said:

Ah, the crossed fingers and hope strategy. I forgot about that one.

Denial is also a great strategy apparently…

My book was delivered on Monday and still no follow up that they have opened and reviewed it.  Given the amount of people complaining about this problem, I would have expected a greater sense of urgency.

On 7/16/2024 at 1:08 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Going forward, please contact our customer service team, and they will assist you with this.

Thanks

You mean like when they told me a month ago that there was no issue???????? And that it was "within quality standards"?

On 7/18/2024 at 11:06 AM, DanJD said:

My book was delivered on Monday and still no follow up that they have opened and reviewed it.  Given the amount of people complaining about this problem, I would have expected a greater sense of urgency.

image.gif.48f6b6b5cc0affb4e5b0bc7c3cf6d58a.gif

On 7/22/2024 at 6:28 AM, Dave616 said:

You mean like when they told me a month ago that there was no issue???????? And that it was "within quality standards"?

hm

Based on the last communication I received, it seems that they will not be re-pressing and re-grading the book as I was told by Mike and will just be “reholdered and returned to me”.  That is obviously unacceptable.  The CGC inner well clearly bent and damaged my book.  I would not trust sending in a book to be graded by this company.  We are paying for a product that is meant to preserve and protect our collectibles and instead it is doing the opposite and actively damaging the books.  Based on the number of people having issues, there is a big risk that the book will suffer unnecessary damage with no assistance to resolve the problem.  I am still waiting for the operations manager to follow up with me, but it seems I am getting no support.  

From CGC Customer Service to me on June 6th:

Serena (Certified Collectibles Group)

Jun 6, 2024, 04:21 GMT-12

Hello David, 
 I hope this message finds you well, I am reaching out on behalf of my receiving team. We have received the five slabs sent in as Mechanical Errors (ME) due to the wells being described as "warped and bowed."
 Please note that this slight curve is a normal characteristic of how the wells cool and is not considered a defect. As such, these do not qualify as Mechanical Errors and will be rejected and sent back to you. 
 Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Serena
Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. (855) Grade10 | (855) 472-3310
collectiblesgroup.com

On 7/22/2024 at 8:08 PM, Dave616 said:

From CGC Customer Service to me on June 6th:

Serena (Certified Collectibles Group)

Jun 6, 2024, 04:21 GMT-12

Hello David, 
 I hope this message finds you well, I am reaching out on behalf of my receiving team. We have received the five slabs sent in as Mechanical Errors (ME) due to the wells being described as "warped and bowed."
 Please note that this slight curve is a normal characteristic of how the wells cool and is not considered a defect. As such, these do not qualify as Mechanical Errors and will be rejected and sent back to you. 
 Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Serena
Customer Service
Certified Collectibles Group
p. (855) Grade10 | (855) 472-3310
collectiblesgroup.com

Just admitting that they know of the warping and find it acceptable is ridiculous.  Any reasonable person would understand that if you bend a this comic like that, it will crease the spine.  

On 7/22/2024 at 8:08 PM, Dave616 said:

We have received the five slabs sent in as Mechanical Errors (ME) due to the wells being described as "warped and bowed."

Please note that this slight curve is a normal characteristic of how the wells cool and is not considered a defect. 

:facepalm:

On 7/22/2024 at 9:11 PM, DanJD said:

Just admitting that they know of the warping and find it acceptable is ridiculous.  Any reasonable person would understand that if you bend a this comic like that, it will crease the spine.  

Yup! And I'm sick of my fellow youtubers not calling CGC out for this. Same old story "I don't want my channel to be negative". They upload cgc puff pieces instead. All these people interviewing Matt and not one will bring it up or ask about. 

On 7/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, Dave616 said:

Yup! And I'm sick of my fellow youtubers not calling CGC out for this. Same old story "I don't want my channel to be negative". They upload cgc puff pieces instead. All these people interviewing Matt and not one will bring it up or ask about. 

I agree.  This can’t just go away without a real resolution.