• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pencil removed with success! :)
3 3

35 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2024 at 3:15 PM, zzutak said:

1. This was an arrival date.  It is NOT a mistake that typically counts against the condition grade.  (tsk)
2. The ink loss resulting from your "cleaning" WILL be treated as a condition-lowering defect.  Hence, the arrival date was NOT removed "with success."  :cry:  :cry:

x1.jpg.83cc05c0c275729b9d724693b5b53ae8.jpg

I'd encourage you to practice with beaters rather than copies that are "really nice ... overall."  :foryou:

Its personal, i dont care of these little indiscernible ink loss, at contrary writing on covers are the kind of defect that i absolutely hate... this copy is to keep for myself so i prefer it like this... however thanks for the advise if a day i have it on a comics to sell 

On 5/18/2024 at 3:29 PM, joeypost said:

If you’re happy, that’s all that really counts. Please keep in mind that what you are doing is actually ruining books and not making them better despite your own feelings on the matter. 

Just by curiosity if i had hiden it with painting ( i speak of restoring comics on overall) would you also have used the term "ruining"?? 

Congratulations. You've learned how to turn VF books into Fine copies. It's not a particularly useful skill, but you've mastered it. Of course, if you're so upset by cover dates, it might be easier to avoid buying books with them. 

On 5/18/2024 at 4:00 PM, shadroch said:

Congratulations. You've learned how to turn VF books into Fine copies. It's not a particularly useful skill, but you've mastered it. Of course, if you're so upset by cover dates, it might be easier to avoid buying books with them. 

Could 1 book with a cover date who upset me justify to pass on a lot of 180 books?

On 5/18/2024 at 9:50 AM, BA773 said:

Just by curiosity if i had hiden it with painting ( i speak of restoring comics on overall) would you also have used the term "ruining"?? 

That’s also a bad thing. 

On 5/18/2024 at 4:58 PM, Semicentennial said:

This isn't the first book you screwed up by trying to"fix" it.  

I consider this one as a success i dont care of what people said...

I did this with an Action 473. I knew going into it would be a mess show but being part feline, the curiosity got to me. Big ugly "3" written with grease mark pencil. I knew the rules and I didn't care!!!

I ended up buying another copy later that week.:roflmao:

On 5/18/2024 at 5:43 PM, Dr. Love said:

Ah the Swiss!  Often mistaken, but never in doubt.

This coming on the boards looking for a pat on the head and instead getting a kick in the pants, never gets old for me

Reported, im just tired and hurted of racist people trough this forum, i will stop to came in these forums in few times.

On 5/18/2024 at 5:43 AM, BA773 said:

without any damage

In English, this didn't translate correctly perhaps from what you intended to write.  That is why you are receiving negative responses.

As that book still has hundreds if not thousands of copies still floating around, I personally don't care that you erased the arrival date.  If you did that to an old/rare book, I would be disappointed.

It is very hard to remove pencil marks without damaging the book.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 9:08 AM, BA773 said:

Reported, im just tired and hurted of racist people trough this forum, i will stop to came in these forums in few times.

huh???  Who is being racist?  People are saying your ruined your books.  I'm not sorry if your feelings are hurt.  You came here posting like you did something fantastic and others gave you their opinions.  Calm down snowflake, no one is being racist here.

Edited by Semicentennial

On 5/18/2024 at 9:08 AM, BA773 said:

Sehen Sie... Ihr Enthusiasmus ist großartig, und ich und andere wissen ihn zu schätzen. Die Sache ist die... dies ist ein ziemlich brüderlicher Ort, und wenn Leute sehen, dass Sie Dinge tun, die schädlich sind, die Sie aber für großartig und wunderbar halten, werden sie etwas sagen.

Nehmen Sie es nicht persönlich. Wenn man Sie kritisiert, dann nicht, um Sie zu verletzen, sondern um Ihnen zu helfen. Lassen Sie sich nicht entmutigen. Regen Sie sich nicht auf. Sei offen und bereit zu lernen. Gibt es hier auch schlechte Menschen? Ja, natürlich. Aber größtenteils handelt es sich um eine Gruppe von Männern und gelegentlich auch Frauen, die sich gerne über die Dinge unterhalten, die sie interessieren. Mein Rat an Sie ist derselbe, der schon unzähligen Leuten im Laufe der Jahre gegeben wurde: Bleiben Sie hartnäckig. Nehmen Sie die Dinge nicht persönlich. Lernen Sie, Dinge, die Sie stören, auf sich beruhen zu lassen. Verlieren Sie niemals Ihren Enthusiasmus, aber mäßigen Sie ihn mit Vernunft, gesundem Menschenverstand und einer gesunden Portion Demut. 

Sie werden Respekt und Freunde gewinnen, wenn Sie das tun.

Ich drücke Ihnen die Daumen. Geben Sie nicht auf, sondern entwickeln Sie Selbstbeherrschung und Weitsicht. Du wirst dich anpassen, das verspreche ich dir.

(J'écris aussi en français, car je ne sais pas quelle langue vous parlez).

Ecoutez... votre enthousiasme est grand et je l'apprécie, comme d'autres. Le problème, c'est qu'il s'agit d'un endroit assez fraternel, et si les gens vous voient faire des choses qui sont dommageables, mais que vous trouvez formidables et merveilleuses, ils vont dire quelque chose.

Ne le prenez pas personnellement. Lorsque les gens vous critiquent, ce n'est pas pour vous blesser, mais pour vous aider. Ne vous découragez pas. Ne vous énervez pas. Sois ouvert et désireux d'apprendre. Y a-t-il de mauvaises personnes ici ? Oui, bien sûr. Mais la plupart du temps, il s'agit simplement d'un groupe d'hommes, et parfois de femmes, qui aiment parler entre eux des choses qui les intéressent. Le conseil que je vous donne est le même que celui qui a été donné à d'innombrables personnes au fil des ans : endurcissez-vous. Ne prenez pas les choses personnellement. Apprenez à laisser tomber les choses qui vous dérangent. Ne perdez jamais, au grand jamais, votre enthousiasme, mais tempérez-le par la raison, le bon sens et une bonne dose d'humilité. 

Vous gagnerez le respect et les amis si vous le faites.

Je vous encourage. N'abandonnez pas, mais développez un peu de maîtrise de soi et de perspective. Tu t'intégreras si tu le fais, je te le promets.

:foryou:

On 5/18/2024 at 7:42 PM, Semicentennial said:

huh???  Who is being racist?  People are saying your ruined your books.  I'm not sorry if your feelings are hurt.  You came here posting like you did something fantastic and others gave you their opinions.  Calm down snowflake, no one is being racist here.

The guy obviously quoted my ethnicity i dont know what you want in more... and its not the first time