• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering from Highgradecomics' online store is a little wonkey
3 3

101 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2024 at 8:59 AM, AltonKroobe said:

You all are good people I apologize to Bob and everyone, I'll try to be more mindful when talking about shops I don't know about and try not to treat every company like it's a Wal-Mart or Amazon, everyone have a good day.

You didn’t do anything wrong, you were simply asking questions about a comic book website that you were unfamiliar with and completely normal questions for a comic book forum. You’ll find that some words trigger people here where they break a finger dashing to hump the taard button, 

I’ll add what others have said, Bob is a great guy, very good seller and awesome person to deal with. I’ve collected raw comics for a long time but bought my first graded books from Bob about 15 years ago. Afterwards I was surprised that he called me for a nice chat and provided excellent information. 

Several years later my wife & I met Bob at convention in New Orleans and it was classic Bob. He was busy, a man focused on business with few words but helpful. I bought a few nice books from him and moved on to the next dealer but it was really cool to meet Bob. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 3:38 AM, Larryw7 said:

Bob’s raw grading is better than CGC’s.

I used to think that. Not Bob's fault. I used to say I'd buy his books sight unseen, because his grading is so good. It's CGC that's gone a bit wonky for me.

For years I could by a book from Bob, get around to slabbing it and his grade would match CGC's or be reasonably close. Since then it's been a crapshoot, with CGC tightened up to where his grading and theirs never seem to align. This last batch was way off.

I buy a VF/NM (9.0) from Bob, get the book, looks spot on to me, and it comes back CGC 6.5, that kind of thing. With big submissions.

Happening again, and again, and again... :goodvsevil:

Edited by MatterEaterLad

Mr. Storms is one of my favourites to deal with.  Honest, tight grading and all around good dude.  He has fantastic inventory and as mentioned before massive amount of repeat customers.

Posted (edited)

I have bought a lot of books via the site.  If I put in an offer for 25 books, Bob gets back within 24-48 hours confirming what he has.  He usually has at least 20 of the 25, sometimes all of them.  I usually buy raw mid-grade books that are not keys.  His grading always seems fair.  Once in a while, a klunker slips through and he always makes it right with a store credit or refund, whichever I prefer.  

Edited by Mike Murdock

I've never spun that wheel, even though I can't see a single downside to it. I dunno, every time I get set to do it, a voice in my head says, "don't do it" and I chicken out.

Man I love Bob's website.  Have gotten some stellar books from him over the years and love both the wheel and the "build a stack" - just like being at a con.

On 5/20/2024 at 12:32 PM, AltonKroobe said:

I've interacted with them a few times and it's like interacting with a real life version of the Snakin' Shack from In Living Color.download.jpeg.4dc9120734c35d97ad9dda75f0f8e409.jpeg

why did you kill his dog?

On 5/21/2024 at 7:30 PM, comeaux said:

You didn’t do anything wrong, you were simply asking questions about a comic book website that you were unfamiliar with and completely normal questions for a comic book forum. You’ll find that some words trigger people here where they break a finger dashing to hump the taard button, 

I’ll add what others have said, Bob is a great guy, very good seller and awesome person to deal with. I’ve collected raw comics for a long time but bought my first graded books from Bob about 15 years ago. Afterwards I was surprised that he called me for a nice chat and provided excellent information. 

Several years later my wife & I met Bob at convention in New Orleans and it was classic Bob. He was busy, a man focused on business with few words but helpful. I bought a few nice books from him and moved on to the next dealer but it was really cool to meet Bob. 

How come you never want to have a nice chat with me then?

You have nice words to say about Bob, but when it comes to his show helper I get the shaft lol

On 5/27/2024 at 9:22 AM, NewWorldOrder said:

Bob Storms (Highgradecomics) is one of the most knowledgeable dealers that this hobby has ever seen. :preach:

@blazingbob

Grading = A+

Comic Business = A+

Business Ethnics = A+

Comic Book Knowledge = A+

Bob was instrumental in my comic book career. 

Without Bob opening many business doors for me I would probably still have my terrible day job.

Almost getting to be almost 16 years of helping Bob out at shows and it's been a blast.

Next up the big one SDCC, can't wait! 

So to the original poster, yes Bob is as solid as they come. lol

Hey buddy, where have you been?

On 5/27/2024 at 10:17 AM, greggy said:

Hey buddy, where have you been?

YARN | Just kicking ass and taking names, Lou. | Wall Street (1987) | Video  gifs by quotes | 786a93c1 | 紗

On 5/27/2024 at 10:24 AM, grendel013 said:

Minority customers appreciate this I'm sure.:baiting:

Yes they do lol (fixed thx)

I am surprised I only had a couple typos.  Not bad after drinking all day and logging onto the boards. :cheers:

Late to this party, but I still wanted to throw my two cents in.  I've bought from Bob only a handful of times, but in every instance, the transaction was as professional and as smooth as I or anyone could have asked for.  I've picked up raw books from him and thought his grading was outstanding, and I've gotten graded books from him that shipped quickly and arrived safely.  I've passed on books he had for sale that I flinched a little at the price, but I've snapped up others that I thought were outstanding deals.  I'm eventually going to spin the wheel on something just to see how bad my luck is, lol. lol 

I met Bob at a show in New Orleans many, many years ago and found him to be friendly to someone he didn't know at first glance, and he was -- and is -- incredibly knowledgeable about the hobby.  If every dealer in the world was a clone of Bob, the hobby would be in a perfect place.  That's not a jab at many of the other great dealers and sellers I've worked with over the years -- and that number is many -- but is a ringing endorsement from me to Bob's credibility and integrity, (thumbsu