• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering from Highgradecomics' online store is a little wonkey
3 3

101 posts in this topic

Any item I find that is a great deal seems to "sell out" as soon as I inquire about it, this kind of defeats the purpose of the "wheel of deals" if you do get a good discount on the wheel there's nothing stopping them from just saying that particular item is sold out.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, shadroch said:

The Wheel of Deals is 100% backed by the Bombastic Ones reputation. 

I'm just now returning to collecting comics, the only sellers I know are the guys who owned comic shops in the 90s that have all retired, I don't know who the bombasic one is?, does the bombastic one have a good or bad reputation as a seller? I feel old or possibly not old enough 😅

Edited by AltonKroobe

On 5/20/2024 at 3:23 PM, AltonKroobe said:

I'm just now returning to collecting comics, the only sellers I know are the guys who owned comic shops in the 90s that have all retired, I don't know who the bombasic one is?, does the bombastic one have a good or bad reputation as a seller? I feel old or possibly not old enough 😅

He is a long time boardie here, so I would say the reputation is excellent, from personal experience having bought a few times (and even from "spin a deal") that I concur :) 

When you use the "spin a deal" promotion, it locks in the percentage off, if any, and secures the book to the logged in user (thumbsu

You haven't made any specific qualms, and yet, "looking into or asking about a book" and "having it snagged out after inquiring?" Is probably because like you someone thought good of it but didn't "inquire", and just spin the wheel securing it or bought it now, which happens and is fully explainable.

If any interaction based on personality and or other "not specifically mentioned?" That is the way certain busy and otherwise comic world interactions can be inclined. I didn't watch much "MAD", although I regret that, it is a typical comic personality intricacy nonetheless, such is life if not whimsical :cheers: 

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He is a long time boardie here, so I would say the reputation is excellent, from personal experience having bought a few times (and even from "spin a deal") that I concur :) 

When you use the "spin a deal" promotion, it locks in the percentage off, if any, and secures the book to the logged in user (thumbsu

You haven't made any specific qualms, and yet, "looking into or asking about a book" and "having it snagged out after inquiring?" Is probably because like you someone thought good of it but didn't "inquire", and just spin the wheel securing it or bought it now, which happens and is fully explainable.

If any interaction based on personality and or other "not specifically mentioned?" That is the way certain busy and otherwise comic world interactions can be inclined. I didn't watch much "MAD", although I regret that, it is a typical comic personality intricacy nonetheless, such is life if not whimsical :cheers: 

It's the fact that they sell out minutes after I ask about them that bugs me.as far as the wheel goes  I have a book that I received a discount on from the wheel that is pending because  "maybe" the book is in stock according to my invoice, its been sitting there for 24 hours, this seems strange to me, you have a book or you don't.

Edited by AltonKroobe

On 5/20/2024 at 3:40 PM, AltonKroobe said:

It's the fact that they sell out minutes after I ask about them that bugs me.as far as the wheel goes have a book that I got a discount on from the wheel that is pending because  "maybe" the book is in stock according to my invoice, its been sitting there for 24 hours, this seems strange to me, you have a book or you don't.

Lol it's annoyingly understandable and I don't blame you. I've looked and not found anything immediate, as I'm an impulse buyer and spend as money comes in to my dismay or unfortunately.

I vaguely remember the pending and forget how that works. Being in the country I've called the phone number under the contact and got it squared away, but given the nature of the conflict, I don't want to suggest anything that might cause clash or grief lol

Touchy sometimes with impatience I am lol

On 5/20/2024 at 1:47 PM, jimjum12 said:

Bob does a lot of shows. Sometimes with the Nationwide guys, a book will sell at a show before it can be removed from inventory. There is also shoplifting that won't be discovered until the book is claimed online. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Bingo! but better to come here and impugn first- that is the way.

On 5/20/2024 at 3:49 PM, paperheart said:
On 5/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, jimjum12 said:

Bob does a lot of shows. Sometimes with the Nationwide guys, a book will sell at a show before it can be removed from inventory. There is also shoplifting that won't be discovered until the book is claimed online. GOD BLESS ...

Bingo! but better to come here and impugn first- that is the way.

@AltonKroobe I too would think it is just a precautionary disclaimer, and that more often is still available. 

So much so, that I wouldn't feel a need to inquire if available before claiming it, as payment comes after the claim and verifying.

That said patience is involved, which is touchy or possibly inflammatory when we want it now, which is a common understanding and understandable feeling, but again, certainly required trait for most things.

Lol no worries 

On 5/20/2024 at 4:47 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not talking smack about Bob, I don't know him, I'm just pointing out that the website is a little wonkey, 24 hours may not seem like a lot of time but if I find a better priced copy of a book from some one else I'm not going to pay for a book that eventually may get found in the next few days.

On 5/20/2024 at 4:47 PM, jimjum12 said:

Bob does a lot of shows. Sometimes with the Nationwide guys, a book will sell at a show before it can be removed from website inventory. There is also shoplifting that won't be discovered until the book is claimed online. GOD BLESS ...

:preach:This^

Posted (edited)

Again nothing against Bob Storm, I asked for a photo of a book and was told they would get back to me they did not and then the book sold out, next week gave a best offer on three books, no response order cancled books sold out, next week spun the wheel order confirmed... If we have the book otherwise book sold out, I was just asking if this site was legit I don't know this site or the owner, site is kind of a mess, wanted to know what was up with site, was it legit or not? 

Edited by AltonKroobe

On 5/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, AltonKroobe said:

Again nothing against Bob Storm, I asked for a photo of a book and was told they would get back to me they did not and then the book sold out, next week gave a best offer on three books, no response order cancled books sold out, next week spun the wheel order confirmed... If we have the book otherwise book sold out, I was just asking if this site was legit I don't know this site or the owner, site is kind of a mess, wanted to know what was up with site, was it legit or not? 

Yes, the site is legit, if it's sold he takes the book off the site right away.  He sends out new arrival emails and people snatch up books right away. I've been buying from him for over 20 years now.  Never had a problem.