• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Registry Awards General Discussion
3 3

28 posts in this topic

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12936/registry-awards/

The link that describes the awards, the prizes, and the new pennant for best presented sets!

@Iconic1s and @Parabellum have nice sets with descriptions and pics!

@surfer99 has been hard at work involving back cover pictures as well ❤️‍🩹 ❤️‍🩹 

Let's hear other suggestions ^^

Some awesome prizes offered. And mentions some "surprises" adding some anticipations! As a general thread discussion I'll save some of my nominees for the other thread, no worries.

I recommend DubaiCollection.com - Batman #1-100 for one of The Three Best Golden Age Sets (comics published starting with Action Comics #1 June 1938–1959) because, among other things, the set consists of several of the highest graded, including single highest graded, copies and is nicely presented.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:05 PM, Iconic1s said:

IMG_6658.gif.834523b396828748c5b2cb43fc2fbba5.gif

I wonder if I should inform powers that be, that my birthday is between the cutoff date and announcement of the winners! :ohnoez:

ditto-blazing.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Soooo, instead of the award plaque with your name and set category listed you get a "one size fits all" pennant. :sorry:

Glad I won last year. The plaque & Batman slab were the best part of the prize package. hm

Oh, and as far as the grading credit. I've sent four submissions in since my win and they have yet to apply any of it. I even called them after mailing my latest submission and the woman I spoke to apoligised said the credit would be applied.........yeah......nope.......8 days later they still charged my credit card. :pullhair:

It's hard to be happy about a win if you can't claim part of the prize. 

On 6/14/2024 at 9:42 PM, ramrod44 said:

Soooo, instead of the award plaque with your name and set category listed you get a "one size fits all" pennant. :sorry:

Glad I won last year. The plaque & Batman slab were the best part of the prize package. hm

Oh, and as far as the grading credit. I've sent four submissions in since my win and they have yet to apply any of it. I even called them after mailing my latest submission and the woman I spoke to apoligised said the credit would be applied.........yeah......nope.......8 days later they still charged my credit card. :pullhair:

image.png.4b3c0861c616018ff9edcb447636b987.png

I "does Say" A "high quality printed awards certificate" and etc. 

but you don't "print a plaque", I'd miss that too, but idk how it will play out :shy: 

• Administrator
On 6/14/2024 at 10:42 PM, ramrod44 said:

Hi

This is supposed to happen automatically.  The credit you receive from renewing your membership is different than the grading credit, as membership credit can be used for most everything, and the grading credit is solely used for grading.  So, it is stored differently,  and doesn't always get applied.  PM me your customer id number ASAP, and I will make sure this is corrected for you, as it expires in 1 year after you receive it.  

Mike

On 6/15/2024 at 8:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

This is supposed to happen automatically.  The credit you receive from renewing your membership is different than the grading credit, as membership credit can be used for most everything, and the grading credit is solely used for grading.  So, it is stored differently,  and doesn't always get applied.  PM me your customer id number ASAP, and I will make sure this is corrected for you, as it expires in 1 year after you receive it.  

Mike

Thank You Mike, (thumbsu you're my hero. :foryou:

I put a lot of time into my set, and it has major gains in the past year both in content and display. The set contains 376 comics with scores of key issues and 71 signature series comics spanning 8 decades! Each comic has a photo of the cover and back with a description and title. Hoping to be worthy of "Best Presented Set" and/or "Best Custom Set"! 

THE UNIVERSAL COMIC COLLECTION - Custom Set (collectors-society.com)

cgc1.jpg

Lol  anyone going over their registry now that they may have had a little break from it after the deadline?

My nyx set always seems in disarray as I have raws to read, but that story is convoluted, resulting in hard sentence structure descriptions for me lol

I tried one last time to read it, far as I can tell x23 kills and then her and others are all entrusting to a new "friend." After that it abruptly ends on that note. Ie. Trust  rantrant

I've tried to recheck it all sparingly, as now that I've seen the NYX that needed clarity? It has me wondering what other surprises I could find to fix? Lol :roflmao: :ohnoez: