• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Bagley signing
2 2

8 posts in this topic

For the just announced Mark Bagley signing, I have two questions. 

1. Can I submit multiple copies of a comic book and ask him to sign the BACK of the comics? And if so, will CGC encapsulate the books with the back in front if I request it (so you can see the back cover and signatures in the front of the slab)?  

The reason is that I own the original art to a back cover that he drew and I was hoping to have him sign the back of the comic and then display the graded comic next to the back cover art. 

2. I own a CGC certified copy of a comic I want signed by Mr. Bagley that belonged to the late great George Perez. If CGC cracks the case for the signing, will the new label denote that is was from George Perez’s personal collection? I do realize that I would lose the special George Perez label if I do that. 

Thank You!

IMG_0459.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @Msgarmar, thank you for contacting us. Yes, you may request Mark Bagley to sign the back of your books and for them to be encapsulated backwards. However, note that this is only a request and that Mr. Bagley is able to make his own determination on where he would like to sign. Additionally, the graders will need to review the request to approve it being encapsulated backwards. We have done this in the past, so it is possible it may be allowed.

As for your second inquiry, yes the notation should still be listed. As you mentioned, the label will no longer be eligible though.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

@KaileeS CS - I had asked @MattM CS about this recently as well, but he replied that flipping the book in encapsulation is not something CGC does (at least, on purpose)

Can you clarify which is correct? I only have a book or two that I would want to be signed on the back and reversed in the slab, and am in no rush, but would love to know if it's an option as official policy to request the reversal - thx!

• Administrator

@dbcn

Thanks for your patience! Below is from out Sig Team. 

Yes, the customer can request the creator sign the back of a book, however after checking with the grading team, they said we will not typically encapsulate the book backwards. The customer is welcome to request it, however we cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated. If he'd like to send this to the attention of the Sig Team, we can bring it to the graders and see if they will make an exception, but like I said, no guarantee.

Hopefully this helps! 

On 7/12/2024 at 3:02 PM, MattM CS said:

. If he'd like to send this to the attention of the Sig Team

Thanks for the clarification @MattM CS ! 

I have one book in mind, but I'd likely send it to be signed through a facilitator. If I were to eventually get the ball rolling, at what point (and how) would I 'send this to the attention of the Sig Team' ? 

• Administrator

Hi @dbcn,

Thank you for the reply. I would have the facilitator write either on the outside of the package or on the packing slip "ATTN: Sig Team". This will make sure that this order it taken to them and they can ask the graders to make an exception. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,