• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC x JSA live
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I can see that CGC x JSA is now available on the submission form, but only for the dual grading/authentication service. Will we at some point be able to submit cards for authentication and slabbing without dealing with the card grading as well? The dual service sounds great in some situations, but I have a lot of aftermarket autos that I just want authenticated and slabbed.

• Administrator

Hi @Todd Carte,

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, for us to slab a card we have to grade it to determine its authenticity. We most likely will not offer just signature and slabbing as an option. It may be something we change in the future, but at this time it is just the dual service. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

On 7/15/2024 at 2:36 PM, Todd Carte said:

I can see that CGC x JSA is now available on the submission form, but only for the dual grading/authentication service. Will we at some point be able to submit cards for authentication and slabbing without dealing with the card grading as well? The dual service sounds great in some situations, but I have a lot of aftermarket autos that I just want authenticated and slabbed.

You can choose to have a CGC x JSA card slabbed as "Authentic" (no grade).  Its an option when completing the online form.  I just finished an order and it's available.  You can even set a minimum grade, so if for example the card doesn't grade a 9 or higher, you can specify to have it slabbed it as Authentic.  Or you can just select Authentic as the initial option.

On 7/16/2024 at 3:08 PM, KB! said:

You can choose to have a CGC x JSA card slabbed as "Authentic" (no grade).  Its an option when completing the online form.  I just finished an order and it's available.  You can even set a minimum grade, so if for example the card doesn't grade a 9 or higher, you can specify to have it slabbed it as Authentic.  Or you can just select Authentic as the initial option.

That still results in the same fee for grading. I was hoping for a strictly autograph authentication and slabbing service like PSA and Beckett offer

• Administrator
On 7/17/2024 at 10:32 AM, Todd Carte said:

That still results in the same fee for grading. I was hoping for a strictly autograph authentication and slabbing service like PSA and Beckett offer

Hello Todd,

Yes, unfortunately, that is not a service we provide at this time. Thanks for checking! 

Should submitters anticipate for a split order (some cards JSAxCGC and some cards just CGC grading) that the entire order is subject to the additional 10-day wait addition for JSA? Or will they move through the respective processes separately?

• Administrator

Hi @coughlic,

Thank you for reaching out. I am happy to help let's say you submit 10 cards total to us, 5 you want JSA service and grading, and the other 5 you just want the grading service. These orders will be split into 2 separate submissions. Please note that they will also be shipped back to you separately. Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,