• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four 49
1 1

15 posts in this topic

6.0 after a press.  Is that a small tape pull on the guy's nose on the back cover?  I think those color breaking creases and that tape pull is going to prevent a higher grade.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:01 PM, tmac100 said:

6.0 after a press.  Is that a small tape pull on the guy's nose on the back cover?  I think those color breaking creases and that tape pull is going to prevent a higher grade.

No, it's definitely not a pull.  As odd as it looks, it just appears that it didn't print the way it was supposed to.  

I’m at a 6.5 as well.  Great centering, which is hard on this book, and lots of pressable lumps and bumps!  I’m still looking for my copy of this book and this one is just the kind of mid-high copy I like! Thanks for posting!

6.0 for me as well based on what I can see...is there a stain at the top of the front cover? In the last photo you shared of the splash page it looks like there might be a stain at the top of the front cover that also impacts the splash page. If this is the case I can see the book being downgraded to 5.0 - 5.5.

Nice book!

On 7/25/2024 at 8:36 PM, GawkHawk said:

No, it's definitely not a pull.  As odd as it looks, it just appears that it didn't print the way it was supposed to.  

Looks like there was something between the paper and the printing plate that later fell off. Oh, and 6.0 for me

On 7/28/2024 at 10:26 PM, silverseeker said:

6.0 for me as well based on what I can see...is there a stain at the top of the front cover? In the last photo you shared of the splash page it looks like there might be a stain at the top of the front cover that also impacts the splash page. If this is the case I can see the book being downgraded to 5.0 - 5.5.

Nice book!

I see what you're talking about and I don't think it's a stain, but will have to pull it out to take a look.

Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 7:55 AM, JollyComics said:

@silverseeker  I think you saw a stain is a shadow.

I think he was talking about what he saw on the splash page.  I see something there too and will have to check it out.

Edited by GawkHawk

On 7/29/2024 at 6:49 AM, GawkHawk said:

I think he was talking about what he saw on the splash page.  I see something there too and will have to check it out.

I attached an image that points to the area in question...when I see a tanned cover edge that has a lighter area like this I tend to think it's a stain. Hope I'm wrong!

FF49_Inside_Cover.thumb.jpg.742ba19cf8fca717c1f7f2f02e0aab2b.jpg