• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants #98 cover up at Heritage.
2 2

68 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2024 at 7:31 PM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting you can list whatever you want for any price 

You would think that unless the consignor was a Heritage heavy hitter already, they wouldn't allow crazy listings, so HA must think it's a possibility.

Malvin

On 8/5/2024 at 10:18 PM, Nexus said:
I bet the next HA announcement will be that this sold for the listed $7.5M. And then everyone with anything remotely related to NM #98, ‘90s art, Marvel art, all comic art, will draw comparisons and start calculating fractions. Or multiples.

Give it a week or so. If I’m wrong, then mock away.

There are enough i d i o t billionaires out there you never know. Musk.....

Edited by Brian Peck

On 8/6/2024 at 1:18 AM, Nexus said:
I bet the next HA announcement will be that this sold for the listed $7.5M. And then everyone with anything remotely related to NM #98, ‘90s art, Marvel art, all comic art, will draw comparisons and start calculating fractions. Or multiples.

Give it a week or so. If I’m wrong, then mock away.

I really, really hope you're wrong for numerous reasons.

On the other hand, you're overdue for a mocking session :banana:

On 8/5/2024 at 5:52 PM, Deathlok said:

Damn, read the thread title and thought there was some conspiracy going on over at Heritage with NM98, only to find it's just a cover.  doh!

I thought the same thing. Not sure what that says about us if that's where our minds went, but I read the title and thought there was some sort of coverup shenanigans going on... 

On 8/6/2024 at 8:13 AM, gumbydarnit said:

Rumor has it Ryan Reynolds might have just recently came into some money, maybe he'd like something for the man cave?

He's not buying it. 

On 8/6/2024 at 12:54 AM, malvin said:

You would think that unless the consignor was a Heritage heavy hitter already, they wouldn't allow crazy listings, so HA must think it's a possibility.

Malvin

The owner has tons of amazing and expensive art so I'd guess there's a relationship. It's also given Heritage tons of free press coverage and look at how many people are talking about the cover along with Heritage and all it took is a write up and a listing.