• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA Superman CPR with Collection Recognition
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hello dear collectors,

i recently bought a Superman 45 from the Bobby Blue Collection. I really want to do some CPR on it because it can be improved very well. My only concern is it will not get the recognition as Bobby Blue Collection after CPR. Or will it be no problem if i sent in the old cgc label with the new submission?

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-23 at 10.41.53.jpeg

Not too sure if CPR means Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation or some sort of restoration but either way this book needs neither.

Leave it alone.  The book grades a solid 6.5 with nice PQ.  Why would you want to muck it up by "restoring" it?  2c

That collection tends to have heavy tanning on the inside of the covers.  That can hold the grade down a bit.  It's not a super high value book, so you have to factor in recertification costs, so seems like a bit of a gamble.  If you send the label in you should be able to maintain the collection status.  

Not sure how cracked out CGC books are treated. I assume they would probably retain the pedigree. One thing is for sure, they definately would if you let them preform “the work”.

But, I am of the opinion of the previous poster. Just leave it alone. Very nice book the way it is. 

On 8/23/2024 at 1:37 PM, pemart1966 said:

Not too sure if CPR means Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation or some sort of restoration but either way this book needs neither.

Leave it alone.  The book grades a solid 6.5 with nice PQ.  Why would you want to muck it up by "restoring" it?  2c

CPR is Clean - Press - Resubmit or Renew. My intention is not to restore it. I was thinking about cleaning it to achieve a even nicer eye appeal. 

On 8/23/2024 at 2:53 PM, artlyprinted said:

CPR is Clean - Press - Resubmit or Renew. My intention is not to restore it. I was thinking about cleaning it to achieve a even nicer eye appeal. 

Keep in mind that a clean and press is not necessarily a benign procedure...

On 8/27/2024 at 4:46 PM, Dark Knight said:

(bend gate)

???  I presume this is not related to the entry way of a boundary barrier, but rather some of sort of concern with the slabbing process?

On 8/27/2024 at 3:37 PM, adamstrange said:

???  I presume this is not related to the entry way of a boundary barrier, but rather some of sort of concern with the slabbing process?

Yes.  Problem with the slabbing process.  Long thread in Comics General.

On 8/23/2024 at 8:47 PM, catman76 said:

This grading stuff is the worst thing that's ever happened to comics.

I totally agree. I love the old days when we bought and sold comics without even needing to grade them first. Heck, there was nothing better than passing off some piece of karp, torn up book to a fellow comic collector and taking their beautiful, shiny, unworn comic in trade. Since there was no grading each book was equal in value! Man, those were the days!!!! :cloud9:

Edited by MrBedrock

On 8/30/2024 at 12:55 PM, MrBedrock said:

I totally agree. I love the old days when we bought and sold comics without even needing to grade them first. Heck, there was nothing better than passing off some piece of karp, torn up book to a fellow comic collector and taking their beautiful, shiny, unworn comic in trade. Since there was no grading each book was equal in value! Man, those were the days!!!! :cloud9:

And tape wasn’t considered a “defect”…