• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

Well, I'm back with a quick new update. Just got in a very nice splash page by the uber-talented Gene Ha! The scan (like most scans in general) doesn't do the piece justice. The level of detail in it has to be seen in person, to be believed. I pity inkers who try to follow the emense linework of Gene Ha. But don't just take my word for it, see for yourself. :)

Nothing crazy but this Buscema Conan came in today :D -

85763.jpg

Great rats! Very nice piece, Scrooge. :applause:

Today's mail:

Moon Girl #6 page 14 by Sheldon Moldoff.

My first published page by Moldoff, and only my 2nd EC page. How cool to own a piece of art done by someone who had artwork published in Action Comics #1. :cloud9:

Large Art (2X) in great condition with no whiteout at all. Just a few missing correction pasteups in the word balloons. Moon Girl in two panels. I love the head shot of the Buffoon in the 5th panel.

moongirl-6-p14.jpg

I got in a batch of art, I can only put up the 8.5 x 11 ones, since I no longer have access to a full size scanner. I'll have to photocopy and scan the rest, but you can enjoy these:

1. Charles Vess Vintage 1986 Fantasy character pencil pinup. If anyone knows who this is, please let me know!

2. Ethan Van Sciver Batman pinup.

And 2 pieces from local Japanese artist Nina Matsumoto, an Ewok pinup and an Anime pinup.

Have a look and enjoy!

CAF Link to recent uploads so I don't have to put multiple links

Malvin

Here's my sketch haul from the windy city show...

Jason Howard...

scan0016.jpg

Tony Moore...

scan0017.jpg

Jenny Frison...

scan0018.jpg

Skottie Young...

scan0019.jpg

Those are all great pieces....nice meeting you on Saturday.

This page looked great in print and I was expecting a B/W original that was digitally colored. But the artist, Ross Campbell, told me the original pages were almost identical to the printed version, minus the lettering. So I bought them sight unseen(he didn't have scans of the originals handy) and was VERY happy to see how fantastic these pages look in person.

And on a related note, when I first inquired about these pages Ross said he hadn't received them back from DC yet. When he emailed his editor the editor said they didn't have the originals, he had sent them digitally ??? . So there was little disconnect going on there and I had thought the pages were lost. Eventually they were found at the DC offices and returned to Campbell. doh! and subsequently shipped off to me :headbang:

86431.jpg.2a39e69c2afad1eb0a2bc60037b793bc.jpg

Well, I just obtained my "Flash" page. Just so people know, My art collecting is focused on picking up a nice splash or cover for every major Marvel and DC hero. Now I do have multiples of some of my favorites, but that is my general goal. I can mark the Flash off now! Thanks to Mike for making it happen!

You can see it here on my CAF site also Flash 255 cover

flash255cover.jpg

Well, I just obtained my "Flash" page. Just so people know, My art collecting is focused on picking up a nice splash or cover for every major Marvel and DC hero. Now I do have multiples of some of my favorites, but that is my general goal. I can mark the Flash off now! Thanks to Mike for making it happen!

You can see it here on my CAF site also Flash 255 cover

Dude, that's great! I'm so envious...