• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,758 posts in this topic

Daredevil issue #130 pg 16 original art from 1975. Pencils by Bob Brown with inks by Klaus Janson. The skeleton (Brother Zed) and voodoo doll destruction panels are phenomenal imo, and are nicely detailed by the heavy inks. DD swinging through NYC's Central Park in the bottom panel with lots of self thought text bubbles regarding the emerging voodoo practices in NY is a cool add. 

20240424_145348.thumb.jpg.4ca8266a0f2b7de6746ad94cc40dfe39.jpg

On 4/24/2024 at 4:37 PM, The Man Without Beer said:

Daredevil issue #130 pg 16 original art from 1975. Pencils by Bob Brown with inks by Klaus Janson. The skeleton (Brother Zed) and voodoo doll destruction panels are phenomenal imo, and are nicely detailed by the heavy inks. DD swinging through NYC's Central Park in the bottom panel with lots of self thought text bubbles regarding the emerging voodoo practices in NY is a cool add. 

20240424_145348.thumb.jpg.4ca8266a0f2b7de6746ad94cc40dfe39.jpg

Ha, ha, I wondered where this had gotten to. Enjoy!

Due to a surprising Ebay auction, I received my most recent Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe ‘89 Update art piece from Issue #5 Page 40, Persuasion by Ron Lim (pencils) and Joe Rubinstein (inks):

IMG_9145.jpeg

As it appears in print:

IMG_9054.jpeg

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

On 4/24/2024 at 10:51 PM, The Man Without Beer said:

Was this yours?? The provenance has spoken ...

No, but almost. It was with Anthony for years on eBay $350 BIN, probably four or five. In November 2018 I offered $275 shipped but the best he could do was $315. I stepped off and it sold the next month and I haven't seen since!

On 4/25/2024 at 5:18 AM, vodou said:

No, but almost. It was with Anthony for years on eBay $350 BIN, probably four or five. In November 2018 I offered $275 shipped but the best he could do was $315. I stepped off and it sold the next month and I haven't seen since!

Thanks for the backstory. Just got it through auction from comicconnect for what I thought was a good price. Not as good as 2018 prices though.

I've added another prelim to my collection. This one is a Pint-Size Pin-Up from Sugar and Spike #83.

It's fun to see how he changed and strengthened even these drawings. For example, note the change in direction of the dog head. The printed version is better. Most of my pages have patch panels as he worked to nail the story even after a page was completed. Remarkable work. Click to get a bigger picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.7bca90c830c8352fc0409f0025e62713.jpeg