• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Back in late 2022, Nick Pitarra ran a Zoop campaign for his book Ax-Wielder Jon. It was amazingly successful.

One of the options was a bookplate (if you can consider a 7x10 freestanding piece a bookplate). I went for that.

I'd forgotten that the bookplate would be so large. :)

It's a fun story and there are more to come! There's more info in the write-up. Check it out.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1996399

image.thumb.jpeg.6cf3e8dde4cae2dc2bef65e92b6ead84.jpeg

Having this land at my doorstep a few days ago, I am BEYOND thrilled to add my first Marvel Silver Age cover art to my humble art gallery! I really enjoy Marvel's humor line of comics! They're good clean fun and are reflective of that period in time. Here's my copy of the finished product too!! 

Millie the Model 163 Cover Stan Goldberg Sol Brodsky October 1968.jpg

Millie the Model 163 front.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

My latest purchase came off eBay thanks to my friend Rob Stolzerr. Rob alerted me to four pages of Scribbly art drawn by Sheldon Mayer.

The full story is on the link, but the gist is:
  • Scribbly is my favorite of Sheldon Mayer's creations
  • I've seen one such page in almost 20 years of collecting
  • I'd bid on these pages once before thinking they were the original pages from 1939's All-American Comics #6.
  • It turned out that they were actually recreations for DC's book "The Greatest Golden Age Stories Ever Told."
  • The auction house refunded the money to the auction winner, the family kept the art,
  • I figured I'd never see them again.

For once, I was happy to be wrong. Moreover, I won it for a lot less than they sold for in the Original Auction!

Yeah, I squandered more of my daughters' inheritance, but not very much. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.79a06301bdfd5da4cdba507b15da1085.jpeg
Edited by alxjhnsn

Hi Folks,

I uploaded some Batman related art to my CAF:

1. A Kelley Jones Batman vs. Solomon Grundy Commissio

2. This one is odder. It's original art related to the Batman: The Animated Series. It's not from the comic book. It's not animation art. There isn't even Batman in it. But it's the art for the background buildings in the press kit they used to sell the show! The art is by Ted Blackman

Link to CAF Recent Uploads (since they are in different galleries)

Thanks for looking

Malvin