• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Four pages shy of a complete 4-issue Miniseries (which includes issue 1 and 3 complete) Will probably get those pages done as re-creations before posting on CAF.

Also a complete issue from a later miniseries in the run 'Journey's End' issue one. With the cover, to boot!

...and a few random pages. There might be more later.

Andrew

I know I'm just about the only one who cares, but... how about an entire pile of Battlestar Galactica?

ooVhLkT.jpg

Andrew

That's awesome! What's the story there? (thumbs u

People traveling through space, meeting aliens, hilarity and adventure ensue.

Does he really need to go over every detail?

:jokealert:

I know I'm just about the only one who cares, but... how about an entire pile of Battlestar Galactica?

ooVhLkT.jpg

Andrew

Hmmm ... sounds like Buck Rogers! :grin:

:jokealert:

:signfunny:

Told'ya not too many other people cared. :baiting::hi:

You might recall me griping a few months back about waiting on artists to respond - this was one of them. Though, in retrospect, my own lack of clear communication combined with a slight language barrier probably contributed to the delay. (I keep having to Eat Crow in this hobby. Should be learning by now.)

I'd sent a list to the series penciller four years ago, and received a positive reply, but with months and months between communication. It was only this past year, when I reiterated my interest, and, I think, clarified that I wasn't going to merely pick from my list, but that I was going to commit to all that was on my list (i.e. a big purchase) that I got his attention.

Since he had been out of the Comics Biz for years, he had most of his old stuff still in the basement.

The four missing pages are two panel pages, and a 2-page spread. I'll give the original artist first dibs if he wants to do recreations, but failing that I think it'd be fun to let a few artists I know take a crack at them - with a 'how would you have done it?' approach. Anybody can do a lightbox recreation -why not do something different that challenges the artist a bit. Plus, on the infinitesimal chance that the originals should show someday, I'd rather have the recreations 'stand apart' a little anyway.

Wild Blue Yonder, Issue #1, Page 1 - ZACH HOWARD. Such a cool and talented man. A pleasure to meet and talk with him today...

IMG_0507_zps0f135e59.jpg

Dan

That is a great looking page from a fantastic book. Was the page from a Kickstarter contribution? I missed the opportunity to back their kickstarter.

Needless to say, the detail in person is staggering... TONS of hours into this page.

Strangely, this was one of the few available pages still available last week when Zach sent out an announcement on his Deviant Art page about originals. I was kinda shocked this one was still around.

We happen to live in the same city, (Denver) so we met up yesterday afternoon to trade cash for art! I'm really looking forward to issue #2. Zach's art with Nelson Daniels colors are awesome. Mike Raicht's words ain't half bad either!

Dan

So, after a long time and a bunch of work, I proudly present my "Big Johnson Update"!

It took me just about a year, but I was able to get 13 of the great pages Paul Johnson did on the invisibles on issues 16 and 21.

These are the issues that delve into a lot of the gnostic themes that Morrison uses as a backbone for the series. It is also some of the scenes that Morrison believes the Wachowski's (used to be Wachowski Brothers, but now it's brother and sister) lifted and used in the matrix.

You can see all 13 pages here: http://cafurl.com?i=19198

But these are my favorites:

A great promo piece teasing issue 16: http://cafurl.com?i=20113

Invis_v1_promo_art.jpg

A flashback page where Dane meets Barbelith: http://cafurl.com?i=20114

Invis_v1_21_15.jpg

I believe the 1st image of the famous Invisible College: http://cafurl.com?i=20115

Invis_v1_21_08.jpg

A flashback to the previously mentioned Matrix Jump Scene: http://cafurl.com?i=20116

Invis_v1_21_04.jpg

And last but far from least, the final transcendent moment where Dane realizes what he must do to help humanity reach the next step of enlightenment, and end humanity's sufering: http://cafurl.com?i=20117

Invis_v1_21_23.jpg

Needless to say, the detail in person is staggering... TONS of hours into this page.

Strangely, this was one of the few available pages still available last week when Zach sent out an announcement on his Deviant Art page about originals. I was kinda shocked this one was still around.

We happen to live in the same city, (Denver) so we met up yesterday afternoon to trade cash for art! I'm really looking forward to issue #2. Zach's art with Nelson Daniels colors are awesome. Mike Raicht's words ain't half bad either!

Dan

Thanks for the info. I just sent Zach an e-mail. Hopefully he has something available.