• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

There might be more later.

...and I was right!

Here's a second pile of Battlestar Galactica pages! All by Brazillian artist Hector Gomez.

p4AiI5y.jpg

For those in the hobby that preach cheerful patience, this would be a prime example of that strategy paying dividends. Hector and I have been communicating since 2009 regarding this artwork, and I've just today received what is likely the final shipment. Whew!

This pile is the entirety of the 'Enemy Within' 3-issue miniseries: all interiors, (only missing a couple of lettering overlays), and 4 covers (the published 3 plus an unpublished attempt, though it's possible it was meant for a 'B' cover or Trade Cover)

Will be a job getting it all scanned and prepped for CAF, could be months of work.

Edited by thethedew

There might be more later.

...and I was right!

Here's a second pile of Battlestar Galactica pages! All by Brazillian artist Hector Gomez.

p4AiI5y.jpg

For those in the hobby that preach cheerful patience, this would be a prime example of that strategy paying dividends. Hector and I have been communicating since 2009 regarding this artwork, and I've just today received what is likely the final shipment. Whew!

This pile is the entirety of the 'Enemy Within' 3-issue miniseries: all interiors, (only missing a couple of lettering overlays), and 4 covers (the published 3 plus an unpublished attempt, though it's possible it was meant for a 'B' cover or Trade Cover)

Will be a job getting it all scanned and prepped for CAF, could be months of work.

Awesome haul! It's great that you had the patients and perseverance to get something you loved! months of work is not a bad thing....

Posted this in the modern section, but thought I'd repost it here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281142342729?redirect=mobile

Just picked this up last night. Very excited about this piece.

Always wanted some Phillips OA from the series, and this is my first double page splash.

I was happy with the winning bid amount. I think the price may have been affected by him not mentioning it was two pages, and not having a complete picture.

Or maybe it's just not as hot as it was. Either way, I think this is going on the wall.

I have started to scan the OA I brought back from Comic-Con.

The Bill Galvan variant cover for Kevin Keller #8 :

Kevin_08.jpg

Kind of an odd format since it wasn't published as a wraparond or fold-out.

Because real OA pages from Thom Zahler's Love & Capes are scarce (due to the fact that most of it is computergenerated) I jumped at the opportunity to add this to my collection:

Love_Capes_cookie_print_OA.jpg

Thom sweetened the deal by including the actual print and a couple of the cookies mentioned. :grin:

The images are linked to my CAF gallery.

(More to follow.)

Edited by Caltex98

My real question is, "Are the cookies good?"

Well, since I had Jenn sign the cookie bag I never ate them and now they are probably stale, but I will try to whip a up batch of my own as soon as possible so I may get back to you on that. But judging from the recipe (and the looks) they should be delicious! ;)

Thom still had some of the OA he made for his prints left. I especially like the ones from Miami & Detroit.

Edited by Caltex98

I got the 1 of 25 signed and numbered Houston print (my home town) and bought the OA in an auction for the Hero Initiative. They look good together. :)

Part of the OA are done in Photoshop and printed on the board - the structural pieces and a lot of the curves. The figures and other parts are hand work.

Zahler,%20Thom%20-%20Comicpalooza%202012%20Print%20and%20OA%20(400x400)%20-%20Smaller.jpg

Romitaman had this nice splash page from the Blackhawk feature in Action Comics Weekly #604 for sale:

Action_Comics_Weekly_604_p48.jpg

Rick Burchett is in my opinion a very underrated artist. I hope that the upcoming Lady Sabre hardcover will make more people discover his genius. :)

In this page the influence from Milton Caniff's colorful villains is rather obvious.

Edited by Caltex98

Won't get to see or hold until about November when I return from out here but I guess I can share it at least on here.

All New X-Men #13 Page 2 and 3

AllNewXMen130203.jpg

Great page, I am really enjoying this series, picked up a couple of covers from it recently.

My first two original pieces are from Wild Blue Yonder #1 pages 20-21. I enjoyed the storytelling in these two pages and wanted to keep them together so I picked both up. I don't have a scanner and have terrible lightning in the apartment...did my best to bounce the flash.

WBY1Page20.jpgWBY1Page21.jpg