• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Thanks to board member crassus and a friend of his he directed me to, I will soon be adding another Ribic page from Loki and a Thor cover from 1998 that I actually have been actively looking for...

Loki #2 pg4 of Loki cutting off Sif's hair (like in the myth) (by Esad Ribic)

Loki02p04_zps8da7d79a.jpg

The cover of The Mighty Thor: Lord of Asgard #64 (part 5 of Spiral) (Ben and Ray Lai)

Thor64cvr_zpsca8174e3.jpg

Im super excited about both pieces. And this will be my third cover with Loki on it.

I went to the Image Expo in San Francisco today and was pleasantly surprised to pick up a couple of sketches. Nothing too fancy, but fun.

CAF link for Nick Dragotta

CAF link for Matt Fraction

Nick Dragotta on a blank East of West #4:

EastofWest.jpg

And a random Matt Fraction sketch of a whale:

FractionWhale2.jpg

I remember a couple years back Fraction was only doing sketches of ghosts at HeroesCon. The next year he was back doing sketches of ghosts or Rollie Fingers. Only Rollie Fingers looked exactly like the ghost, but with a moustache.

Good to see him branching out.

And a random Matt Fraction sketch of a whale:

FractionWhale2.jpg

That a whale of a nice whale.

I have to disagree, I think that whale blows! :grin:

Let's agree that it's a whale of a whale blowing. :)

Yeah, Fraction said that he draws whatever his son is into at the time. A lot! So he happens to be into whales and elephants at the moment...

Fraction is a great guy. A fun writer and a nice guy to talk to. Same can said about Dragotta.

My 1st real OA and something i REALLY wanted! :cloud9:

lf_zps8e3b2444.jpeg

:applause:

Thanks!

I really had ZERO clue what I "should" have paid for it but it was a page from a story I like with all the heroes on it I wanted so I just kept bumping the bid until I won :blush: