• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Hello,

just updated my CAF with some recent purchases. It's all animation art, as lately I've been picking up cels from some of my favorite cartoons from my childhood.

With original comic art prices skyrocketing, I like that animation cels are still relatively affordable with a similar nostalgic boost -- with the bonus being that it's much easier to convince my wife to let me hang some of them up in our daughters' rooms :cool:

Here are a few of the new additions:

The Centurions title cel -

mFMMqsvk_2902161201201.jpeg

Super Friends Title cel -

8LazgplL_2902161206591.jpeg

and this Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Comedy Hour publicity cel -

iUOosGU6_2902161211381.jpeg

here's the link to the rest of the gallery.

Hope you enjoy 'em ...

here's one more new addition -

The original cover art to Ultimate Spider-Man #28 by Mark Bagley.

A beautiful image of Spidey on a flagpole with the American flag in the background.

Love the series, and Bagley is a genius.

Happy to have this in my collection.

6IP1yDs9_2902161651261.jpeg

I picked these up this month. The MP #1 page is a dream for me. I picked up some other cool stuff too. I'm always looking to buy cosmic stuff, so keep me in mind :grin:

IMG_0004_zpsf8gpvs5i.jpg

1st New appearance of Toxin/Eddie Brock:

IMG_0015_zpsidkm4u0v.jpg

Death of Magus Retold:

IMG_0055_zpsjqnlrr5f.jpg

Final Page Splash to IW #2:

IMG_0060_zpsfztqqj6p.jpg

Final Warlock vs. Magus Battle from Infinity War:

IMG_0065_zps5tlq561u.jpg

And some other goodies:

IMG_0053_zpsvytistas.jpg

IMG_0061_zpshlmqai1v.jpg

IMG_0066_zpsqtunt2qi.jpg

IMG_0067_zpsap7oggnz.jpg

I picked these up this month. The MP #1 page is a dream for me. I picked up some other cool stuff too. I'm always looking to buy cosmic stuff, so keep me in mind :grin:

Death of Magus Retold:

nice, I'm jealous of all the Ron Lim stuff!

:ohnoez: Too much awesome.

IMG_0004_zpsf8gpvs5i.jpg

1st New appearance of Toxin/Eddie Brock:

IMG_0015_zpsidkm4u0v.jpg

Death of Magus Retold:

IMG_0055_zpsjqnlrr5f.jpg

Final Page Splash to IW #2:

IMG_0060_zpsfztqqj6p.jpg

Final Warlock vs. Magus Battle from Infinity War:

IMG_0065_zps5tlq561u.jpg

And some other goodies:

IMG_0053_zpsvytistas.jpg

IMG_0061_zpshlmqai1v.jpg

IMG_0066_zpsqtunt2qi.jpg

IMG_0067_zpsap7oggnz.jpg

Added a nice 3 PAGE STORY from artist Andrew Cox .

The story is from the HENRY & GLENN comic. If you're a fan of Henry Rollins (as I am) or Glenn Danzig it's worth checking out. What i like most about this particular story is Andrew did it in a Mignola/Hellboy style.

I've got some more H&G art coming that i can't wait to share.

Hi everybody! Haven’t posted since last March, but I’ve been lurking from time-to-time. Unfortunately, I haven’t purchased anything new for a long while. However, I recently let go of a higher grade copy of Amazing Spider-Man #13 to finance some purchases. This Invincible page is one piece I snagged thanks to that sale.

160874.jpg.674292bbb9789cf69240f500706118e4.jpg

My favorite current book (the wait for the next issue is killing me) Awesome page! Love Allen!

Hi everybody! Haven’t posted since last March, but I’ve been lurking from time-to-time. Unfortunately, I haven’t purchased anything new for a long while. However, I recently let go of a higher grade copy of Amazing Spider-Man #13 to finance some purchases. This Invincible page is one piece I snagged thanks to that sale.

Stop! Cover Time!

Bought a pile of art.

First up are covers from a pretty obscure book called Construct from Caliber comics.

#1 by John Totleben

dGuL0E.jpg

#2 by John Van Fleet

f0s6Kk.jpg

#3,4,5, by Leo Durañona

embuzY.jpg

1JNEPE.jpg

k99ILO.jpg

Next up we have a pretty notable page from the Spider-man run by Jenkins and Ramos. The infamous Green Goblin Mr. Coffee page. This one actually has some notoriety on the internet. People definitely remember it. Can't believe I got it.

AqtGVq.jpg eKVZln.jpg

Leonardo Manco Strange Tales #1 Werewolf By Night cover

blqCsI.jpg

Ramos Fairy Quest #1 cover

XgSdO3.jpg

I'm sure some people will remember this Rick Vietch Brat Pack #4 cover. When I was a kid I was fascinated by it although I wasn't allowed to buy the book.

mYZazo.jpg

And last but not least, what I am considering a throw in lol ...1st print. Interesting thing about it is that it was literally the 6th one off of the press. I don't guess I could ever prove that, but it is true. Kind of neat to think that it was such an early copy made. I do have the manila envelope with the #6 on it, and the story from the prior owner. Regardless, It was a nice surprise.

QGvR6V.jpg

If anyone has any insight on the value of some of the Robot or Brat Pack covers I'd love to hear it. I'm a little on the fence about what they're worth. None of these have ever been to market, and have been in the hands of the prior owner since before the books came out.

Bob Lubbers has been my favorite Fiction House artist for some time, but his art is hard to come by. This illustration came up on Heritage recently and I grabbed it. This was done for Al Williamson and came from his collection (according to Heritage).

Mike

Lubbers_zpsyxytmonp.jpg

Here is the framed version.

IMG_2066_zpscihysuj0.jpg

Edited by Monkeyman