• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Awesome page!

The baseball intruder alarm is pretty outdated, but it was the bomb in the 90's!

Added a really memorable page today

Page 1 of New Mutants 100 by Rob Liefeld.

Everything you could want in a Liefeld page. Cable, 8 1/2 feet, and a baseball that apparently is an intruder alarm in panel 1.

Check it out and enjoy the 90's greatness!

http://cafurl.com?i=22420

Just received a sweet page by Dave Stevens from The Rocketeer, Volume 2, Cliff's New York Adventure. No Betty or Rocketeer (the good examples were long gone), it includes Cliff and Peevy, some great dialog (boy I miss that on modern comic art) and expressions by Peevy. The cherry on top is the inclusion of the Bull Dog Cafe (an LA landmark) on the page. Thrilled to own a Rocketeer page by Dave.

Check it out:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1305523

Fourteen pages from Robin Annual #6 (1997) arrived from Montevideo, Uruguay:

Robin_6_p4.jpg Robin_6_p6.jpg

Page 4 and page 6.

Robin_6_p16.jpg Robin_6_p20.jpg

Page 16 and page 20.

Robin_6_p21.jpg Robin_6_p28.jpg

Page 21 and page 28 (zipatone looks better IRL).

Cei27cxW8AE_ltZ.jpg Robin_6_p36.jpg

Page 32 (masterful disposition & storytelling) and page 36.

Robin_6_p42.jpg Robin_6_p46.jpg

Page 42 and page 46.

Robin_6_p47.jpg Robin_6_p48.jpg

Page 47 and page 48.

Robin_6_p49.jpg Robin_6_p52.jpg

Page 49 and page 52 (tribute to The Lone Ranger). The music playing in the background is of course the theme from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" by Ennio Morricone.

They are all by Eduardo Barreto, both pencils and inks. With this addition to my collection I now own 17 pages from this story, but they all represents Barreto on top of his game so why not?

Click on the pictures to see them in larger format in my Barreto gallery on CAF.

Picked this up from Olivia at SV Comic-Con.

Olvia is a big fan of Crepax and did a few tributes to him featuring his creation Valentino. I like this one since its fits my theme. I am thrilled to have an Olivia for my iPod/iPhone/iPad theme.

qk539HAM_0304160130311gpadd.jpg