• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Been looking for a NEXUS story example like this since I started collecting:

KLGreBBK_2203161249261.jpg

Needless to say, quite happy to finally scratch that itch!

Those are great examples! A nice Rude Nexus is on my short list.

Doc Joes Twice Up Art Day

Crime Does Not Pay 131 Cover

from the Comiclink Description

Original art from CDNP is quite rare on the market. Rumor has it (confirmed by relatives of editor Charles Biro) that when publisher Lev Gleason left the comic book industry in the middle 1950s, he deliberately destroyed and disposed of his archived art. This means that the small number of pieces from this landmark series that have surfaced over the years have primarily emerged from the collections of the artists who produced them, most notably George Tuska.

Original art from CDNP is quite rare on the market. Rumor has it (confirmed by relatives of editor Charles Biro) that when publisher Lev Gleason left the comic book industry in the middle 1950s, he deliberately destroyed and disposed of his archived art. This means that the small number of pieces from this landmark series that have surfaced over the years have primarily emerged from the collections of the artists who produced them, most notably George Tuska.

It would be nice to see it, but you have some sort of restricted setting

Yikes, apparently I do not know the secret handshake???

Access Restricted to that Resource

You do not have privledges to view the resource you were trying to access. Our Admins have been notified of this activity. If we feel you are doing this to access other member's personal information your account may be closed without warning.

Fixed Link

My friend, Samantha Gorel, has been working on a manga tutorial book for about 2 years now. She just finished it up and it can be *shameless plug* pre-ordered on AMAZON */shameless plug*

When she told me about her book deal I immediately told her i wanted the cover :shy: . I didn't know what it would be, I just knew I'd want to have it. Today I finally got to see it :golfclap:

If you're a fan of Manga, check out the cover to her book, MANGA: The Mega Guide in my CAF

I own exactly one piece of Manga style art. It was something of an accident. Colleen Doran drew Barry Lyga's story Mangaman. As a promotion, you could enter a drawing to get a copy signed by Barry and Colleen.

I entered though I didn't expect to win. I won.

I read the book and I enjoyed it more than I expected. Not long after, one of the key pages to the story was placed at auction by Colleen.

I entered a bid though I didn't expect to win. I won.

So, I now own an autographed copy of the book for nothing and a page of the art for next to nothing. Not bad. :)

Doran,%20Colleen%20-%20MangaMan%20pg%20124.JPG.

It would be nice to see it, but you have some sort of restricted setting

It sounds good!

Yikes, apparently I do not know the secret handshake???

Access Restricted to that Resource

You do not have privledges to view the resource you were trying to access. Our Admins have been notified of this activity. If we feel you are doing this to access other member's personal information your account may be closed without warning.

tumblr_inline_nzfevykxev1rg0x34_500_zpspultzhnb.jpg