• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

I've actually owned 3 published Usagi covers, and a few published endpaper pieces over the years. All were bought directly from Stan at various shows. Interiors you don't typically see for sale anywhere.

7 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

I've actually owned 3 published Usagi covers, and a few published endpaper pieces over the years. All were bought directly from Stan at various shows. Interiors you don't typically see for sale anywhere.

Right. Stan has covers available for sale on his site right now, in fact. My error. I heard a recent interview with him where he said he has kept virtually all of his art. I assumed he meant covers as well, since I rarely see any available. As I understand it, he will only sell internal pages that he rejected for a book, and had to redraw for some reason. So, only unpublished ones.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

5 hours ago, Gal Schwartz said:

A nice little CAF update, which happened only thanks to Hector Medina and Joshua McCoy - thanks guys !

Here it is; FLASH #1 (1987) page 6 by young Butch Guice:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1408667

Cheers,
Gal

Saw this yesterday and left a comment. Just a beautiful page!

Was just able to pick up a page from The Old Guard #1 by Leandro Fernandez. This is one of my favourtie new series and the chance to own a page from #1 was too good to pass up. I was able to get there pretty early so I had the choice pick of most of the pages (that I could afford of course) so I went with a great splash page of Andy (the team leader) holstering her weapon while the recently decapitated head of an enemy soldier bounces to the floor. So happy!!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1409013&GSub=171718

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

mathew

27 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Was just able to pick up a page from The Old Guard #1 by Leandro Fernandez. This is one of my favourtie new series and the chance to own a page from #1 was too good to pass up. I was able to get there pretty early so I had the choice pick of most of the pages (that I could afford of course) so I went with a great splash page of Andy (the team leader) holstering her weapon while the recently decapitated head of an enemy soldier bounces to the floor. So happy!!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1409013&GSub=171718

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

mathew

Congrats. Thats an awesome book.  My favorite series as well. 

15 hours ago, DJRome said:

To commemorate SDCC, I posted an Aragones spread from 1987 to my CAF page.  I thought you guys might get a kick out it. How many real life convention attendees can you spot in the crowd?

Aragones ComicCon.jpg

Love this one!  Both the artist and the subject.  As a long time convention goer - this one is very relatable.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:04 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

Right. Stan has covers available for sale on his site right now, in fact. My error. I heard a recent interview with him where he said he has kept virtually all of his art. I assumed he meant covers as well, since I rarely see any available. As I understand it, he will only sell internal pages that he rejected for a book, and had to redraw for some reason. So, only unpublished ones.

Was at stan sakai's table at sdcc - he had a few interior pages for sale. $ 900- $1000