• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

It's not new this week, but this is as good a place as any to share it...

Al Williamson/Frank Frazetta John Wayne page. cloud9.gif

alwilliamson.jpg

The page I really wanted quit turning up on eBay every few months, but I'm still watching. It had a final panel of the classic high noon showdown. This one is nice with "The Duke" in a couple of panels and some nice horses.

I love Al Williamson, I want a space page from him, but will take anything he pencilled.

This is another I'm particularly proud of. I had a friend get it for me at a convention. When I asked for a sketch, I had imagined a head sketch or something really, really simple. I was blown away. This is Dave Cockrum's last sketch.

CockrumSketch2.jpg

This is a case where a commission would be much more special than a published piece.

That all depends on which Preacher OA you're comparing it to. grin.gif

Grat commish though! I love Burns / Starr.

Which depends on which OA you have and what you want for IT

But for now, enjoy some Ben Dunn

1844671-preacher19_dunn.jpg

Under 3 weeks from 1st contact to art delivery. Check out his eBay auctions, seller I.D. "APCOG"

1844671-preacher19_dunn.jpg.ca7dc07311598f04b17cbe8b9c5c1d89.jpg

It's not new this week, but this is as good a place as any to share it...

Al Williamson/Frank Frazetta John Wayne page. cloud9.gif

alwilliamson.jpg

The page I really wanted quit turning up on eBay every few months, but I'm still watching. It had a final panel of the classic high noon showdown. This one is nice with "The Duke" in a couple of panels and some nice horses.

I love Al Williamson, I want a space page from him, but will take anything he pencilled.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Williamson & Frazetta - doesn't get any better than that!!

I'd always looked at the splash, which I've had for a while, of these two pages as a single page, but noticed the out of panel art on the left side, but thought nothing on it.

However the first page was listed for sale on CAF and then saw they interconnected. This wasn't shown as a DPS in the book, but, then after checking the trade, I noticed there were a lot of connecting pages in this arc, not just the one or two I'd seen elsewhere.

Thus a great art day for me, and I'm thrilled to put them together, I will put up a better scan joined together at some point! But I was excited to get this up. A very cool "find" for my Fables collection. If there is ever an absolute edition it would be great to see all the "hidden" two pagers together. Plus a few more Fables pages http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryNew.asp?GCat=2838&Days=30.

Fables16p21-22.jpg

Also a classic Homelands page that would have been great to have the lettering on:

Fables41p17.jpg

I was really excited to get this page this weekend! The penultimate page of Azzarello and Cliff Chiang's Doctor 13 miniseries from Tales of the Unexpected! Vampires, Vampire Nazi Apes, Caveboys, and infectious substitute legionnaires! What more could a guy want?

Also some other new art that I just got around to scanning in my CAF gallery for anyone interested!

dr138p37dz7.jpg

Edited by Buddywillj

I was able to grab a bunch of great sketches at Heroes...

A super Tony Moore Sketch

Zombie Rick...

And a great Cliff Chiang Goblin Queen....

Goblin Queen...

The "meat" of my heroes con haul is being shipped to me...when it shows up I will post it...Tony Harris, Mark Brooks, Eric Powell, Bob McLeod...it was a GREAT weekend.

Chris

Thanks Monster:)

Nice pieces Chris. I bet the stuff you've got coming will be incredible. Can't wait to see the Eric Powell. Oh wait...is it that Noir cover?! Freakin awesome! Your'e name came up in a conversation with Craig Hamilton..he's a big fan of yours:)

Edited by snappahead

I attended the Wizard World Philly show this past Friday (June 15, 2007) and had an absolute blast. grin.gif One piece, amongst a few other purchases, that I added to my collection is the following Mark Bagley page from Amazing Spiderman #413 (page 19):

bagley-asm-413-19-small.jpg

It was great chatting and catching up with Hans K. from whom I purchased this OA page, and also with Will G.

-Mike

The art isn't in my hands yet...but i thought I would share my recent pickup for this week...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320126968284

It's a very nice Alpha Flight page with Nightmare (from Dr. Strange) along with all the cool Ditko inspired Nightmare Dimension images!

-hart