• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

My first Jim Lee piece(Batman 619): and first Frank Quitely page (All-Star Superman 7)

WOW! Beautiful pages there! Anything by those guys is worth a dancing banana or three yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I really lucked out last night and picked up one of my holy grails on the cheap off of eBay:

ca_3.JPG

It's the first page from the first issue of my favorite childhood series: Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi! yay.gif It features the first appearance of many key characters in the series (first character panels have become the core of my OA so getting the top one from my favorite series is really major)! First page from your favorite series - it doesn't get much better than this cloud9.gif ...except for the cover... which has a happy owner not wanting to sell tongue.gif

-Bob

Great page. You must be pretty young for this comic to be your favorite childhood series considering it came out in 1993. wink.gif

The cover to this one is awesome as well. I'd love to own a Dave Dorman Star Wars cover.

Yup... just a 24 year-old young'un here hi.gif The book came out right at that impressionable age and when the market was dying for new Star Wars content (as opposed to being way overflowed as it is now). As a kid, I dug into anything Star Wars I could find. This was the first real look we had at any Jedi outside of the original trilogy and they presented a pretty cool story too. I got such a rush finally seeing Jedi after hearing so much about them in the movies and the books that started coming out at that time. It's really too bad that the prequel trilogy sucked so much. I was hoping for something closer in feel to TotJ but we ended up with awkward trials at comedy and wooden acting.

The Dorman covers are really killer. I read on the Comicart-I board that George Lucas himself has all the Dark Empire covers. I wonder how many souls you have to sacrifice to the bearded one in order to get one out of his grasp 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Bob

I turned 31 back in March so I'm a few years ahead of you. I still remember picking up Tales of the Jedi off the rack more for the Dorman cover than anything else. You've just motivated me to dig in my log boxes and read the mini series again.

I would imagine that those Dark Empire covers will ever be available in our lifetime but who knows? Maybe he'll bet them in a game of poker..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's a couple of OA pages I received from Albert Moy today:

Jae Lee's Dark Tower

DarkTowerJaeLee.jpg

That's a stunningly beautiful page. I've been a fan of Jae Lee's art for a while, and seeing that piece really makes want to pick up some pages. Must resist, must resist....

Angelo

There is still one page left from the 3rd issue. I don't know why this was 2nd from the last. I love this page when I 1st saw it and finally I have a Benes! My best purchase of the year in my opinion. thumbsup2.gif