• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

My first cover arrived this week - a sweet, intricate piece by the great Tony Harris!

Thanks to Jonathan Halperyn for this one!

Nice cover....

Who is this Halperyn guy.. Never heard of him poke2.gif

Just got this in the mail its the slash page for #2 page 13 of the Bloodstone Mini.

This splash was also used for the cover of issue 4. So I now have the cover art for issues 2 and 4.

th_bloodstone2p13.jpg

I've been looking for this cover for about 10 years...got it in on Thursday.

Back in the 80s as a relatively new comic collector, and Cap as my favorite character, I knew he'd been around since WWII (thanks to the Overstreet listing) but that was about it. Imagine my excitement to pick up a comic that brought it all together in 32 ad-free pages!

Sadly, the Cap of today is nothing like those favorite DeMatteis/Zeck issues from twenty-five years ago. Cripes - he's "dead" now right? Haven't bought a Cap in five years and never thought I'd say that...

From Keith Pollard and Al Williamson -

marvelsaga12.jpg

That's an awesome first piece. I hemmed and hawed at it for a long time while it was for sale. Early origins of 2 of DC's greatest heroes can't be beat and the DPS helps as well! Great start for sure.