• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many slabed comics do you own?

71 posts in this topic

Why crack open slabbed books? Assuming of course the internal story is available to be read by other means.

What.....like x-ray vision 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

like reader copies or reprints.

We had this topic a while back.

Kinda interesting to hear some of the responses.

If I'm not mistaken there were much larger numbers then than now. At least so far. I think I'm still around the 700+ slab range...as I've basically sold off about the same number as I've purchased in the last year. I expect the number to increase modestly this year, as I still have ~50 9.2 or less books that I will sell. I anticipate about 60 books will be purchased, depending on what drought (if any) will occur after the DONROSA sell-off ends.

Some of the other collectors who claim the same stuff I do indicate that they have around the same number of slabs.

Two. And one book that used to be slabbed but I broke it out to read the stories. (Seven Seas 3.) The two slabbed books are a late-bronze Batman and one of the Death in the Family Batmans, both 9.4. I have 3000 or so raw comics, so you can do the math.

A little over 100 slabbed JLAs (Silver of course)

Plus complete slabs of COIEs & DKRs.

And a handful of other personal faves (like Spidey vs Wolvie 9.8).

So maybe 130 CGCs against 5+ long boxes of other possible contenders -do Marvels sell?- puts my current percentage at appx... 7.9%

That number will definitely go up.

Rick

Why crack open slabbed books? Assuming of course the internal story is available to be read by other means.

What.....like x-ray vision 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

like reader copies or reprints.

I was being facetious..........

4 now, one one the way. this represents about 3% of my collection. if my math is right. maybe i should ask Zaid to double-check for me

27_laughing.gif

So your collection numbers only 167 comics? 893whatthe.gif

It's not the size, it's what you have in it! thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

15 slabs

1, Punisher The End 9.6

2, Transformers Armada #1 9.6

3, JLA/Avengers #3 9.8

4, JLA/Avengers #4 9.8

5, The Call #1 9.6

6, MK Spider-Man SS #1 9.6 Millar Sig

7, Uncanny #99 4.0

8, ASM #40 1.5

9, ASM #300 9.2

10, ASM #129 4.5

11, Uncanny #94 3.5

12, Uncanny #6 1.5

13, Uncanny #117 9.2

14, Astonishing X-Men #1 9.6

15, Superman #204 9.8

Looking to move them in a swap for some OA, any takers? 893applaud-thumb.gif

another 15 long boxes or raw stuff

4 now, one one the way. this represents about 3% of my collection. if my math is right. maybe i should ask Zaid to double-check for me

27_laughing.gif

So your collection numbers only 167 comics? 893whatthe.gif

It's not the size, it's what you have in it! thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps a new thread. "If you had a generous offer for comic collection and had to start over, what 167 comics would you collect?" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif