• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist 14 cover up for sale at CAF

145 posts in this topic

did anyone ever contact Cockrum about this cover?

Not that I know of. I verified that Al Milgrom was the artist through his rep Spencer Beck, as well as through John Byrne, who was the penciler on that issue. It's also worth noting that Milgrom's signature is the only one that appears on the cover. Apparently Milgrom's art was based on a sketch by Cockrum, but that was the only connection to Cockrum.

That was a painful thread to read. Probably shouldn't have bothered. JC - one word, why? I think you made a mountain out of a molehill and owe chris an apology. confused-smiley-013.gif

Did Chris ever get this apology?

:popcorn:

Not that I know of. I verified that Al Milgrom was the artist through his rep Spencer Beck, as well as through John Byrne, who was the penciler on that issue. It's also worth noting that Milgrom's signature is the only one that appears on the cover. Apparently Milgrom's art was based on a sketch by Cockrum, but that was the only connection to Cockrum.

Not to mention that Dave Cockrum passed away in 2006 so we'll have to do with the information we have.

Not to mention that Dave Cockrum passed away in 2006 so we'll have to do with the information we have.

I find this thread quite interesting. Originally started in February 2006 based on the IF 14 cover art coming to market, I wonder how many other threads fellow board people resurrect after laying dormant for years. Somewhat bittersweet is this thread because it started with Dave Cockrum still alive and with us.

Ciao!

PRC