• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: The best TV show nobody watched

170 posts in this topic

I vote for Millenium. I think it survived three seasons before getting pulled. Very creepy show starring Mr. Creepy himself Lance Henrickson.

As much as I liked it, very few people that I knew seemed to follow the show at the time, but its developed quite a "cult" following since its demise. I'm sure the executives at Fox were surprised when it actually survived the difficult Friday evening time slot during its first season.

Didn't it follow the number one rated show at the time in X-Files?

I vote for Millenium. I think it survived three seasons before getting pulled. Very creepy show starring Mr. Creepy himself Lance Henrickson.

As much as I liked it, very few people that I knew seemed to follow the show at the time, but its developed quite a "cult" following since its demise. I'm sure the executives at Fox were surprised when it actually survived the difficult Friday evening time slot during its first season.

I thought the X-files had moved to Sundays long before then? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anybody here like Red Dwarf?

Read the title of the thread....Everybody watched Red Dwarf.....smeghead poke2.gif

acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif Even I've seen some episodes makepoint.gif
Big deal, you also watch Barney. screwy.gif
No, I don't hail.gif

Anybody here like Red Dwarf?

Read the title of the thread....Everybody watched Red Dwarf.....smeghead poke2.gif

acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif Even I've seen some episodes makepoint.gif
Big deal, you also watch Barney. screwy.gif
No, I don't hail.gif

Well, what about Bottom (Young Ones follow-up)?

No crazy.gif

I thought the X-files had moved to Sundays long before then? confused-smiley-013.gif

I could be wrong, but I thought Millenium followed X-Files and was successful for a bit. Then X-Files stopped and Millenium was cancelled shortly after.

Red Dwarf is great.

As for short lived shows "SledgeHammer"

I'm not sure if this qualifes as "nobody watched" it, but it was unappreciated in my view and could have went longer.

The "White Shadow" was way ahead of its time tackling serious issues like drugs, domestic abuse, teen pregnancy, homosexuality and more with a perspective that didn't try to provide all th answers or get too 'preachy".

Oh and when I was a kid I liked a show called "Automan"....saw the series once and then never again. Would love to see it again

Watched a couple spisodes a few months ago. Be prepared to be mighty disappointed...

Sometimes not watching something that gave you pleasure in the past is a good thing.

Jim

I don't know about "best" show, but two short-lived series I enjoyed on UPN (don't laugh), were Legend and Seven Days.

Legend starred Richard Dean Anderson and John DeLancie, and was a Sci-Fi/MacGyverish Western. Seven Days was basically a Quantum Leap clone. Both shows were very formulaic, but I enjoyed the actors and characters in them. Nothing too deep, but just fun stuff...

I really liked the show "Homefront", which ran for 2 seasons or so in the early 90s. Great take on life in America as the troops were getting back from WW II.

Wasnt there a live action DnD show that didnt last very long in the early 80s? I remember liking it a lot, but i forgot the name.

Homicide: Life on the Streets was frequently brilliant, but it ran for almost a decade didn't it? Hardly a show nobody watched.

Sports Night is a great choice.

I'll add Frank's Place, the New Orleans based show featuring Tim (Venus Flytrap) Reid. thumbsup2.gif

I was loaned the DVD set of Firefly (Josh Whedon) by a friend recently, and watched all of the episodes as well as the movie Serenity. I am amazed that this TV show was cancelled before the end of it's first season, it really is good. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. Your biggest dissapointment will be when you run out of episodes to watch.

Firefly is my favorite TV show of all time and Serenity is my favorite movie. I went to see Serenity because it looked interesting and was hooked. I ordered the Firefly box set at my local SunCoast and asked the girl working there if it was as good as the movie. She said it was better (which I would tend to agree with) but when it was on the air it was up against Angel and that drew other Josh Wedon fans away from the show. Highly recommend this series you'll laugh you'll cry.....well mostly laugh. Note to everyone else though don't do what I did and watch the movie first it will ruin a lot of the show for you.