• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

881 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2024 at 5:03 PM, Dr. Love said:

A bargain at twice the price.

Just the second copy I've ever seen.

From the esteemed collection of the late apex dealer/collector Phil Levine.

Phil had an eye for the very rarest.

Doubt we will see another one of these soon, although this price might shake one or two out. Ha ha, right!

Vital publications usually had pretty widespread distribution with multiple editions. Wonder if this was a tryout/test run?

Good get!

I love those Cheerios and Wheaties giveaway comics! Plus the Quaker Oats Bugs Bunny ones of course! I've been slowly adding to my own collection over the past fifteen+ years.

(thumbsu

On 7/22/2024 at 1:44 PM, Hepcat said:

Is Krug's Peter Whear bread still produced?

???

Not so far as I am aware.  There were actually lots of bakeries that used the Peter Wheat brand... Krug, Sterling, Rice, Bell, and several others have their own distinct branding.

And these cool Warner Bros. cards were free inside loaves of Wonder Bread in 1974:

merchandise-1974-wonder-bread-warner-bro

merchandise-1974-wonder-bread-warner-bro

Wonder_Bread_WB_Porky.jpg

Eleven cards from the thirty card set were DC Comics characters and nineteen were from Looney Tunes cartoons.

Moreover these double sided Warner Brothers Maze Puzzle cards issued with Wonder Bread in 1975 are over-the-top fabulous!

(edited)_Wonder_Bread_Warner_Brothers_1.

(edited)_Wonder_Bread_Warner_Brothers_2.

Six of the cards feature DC comic characters while fourteen feature Looney Tunes cartoon characters.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat