• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Not sure where to post this but I thought it was cool. First year appearance of Tony the Tiger from a 1952 Sunday comics section. Have an earlier one that shows the contest to choose a mascot that I’ll dig up. 

4A1D87D3-2275-4D33-ABBA-1C75DB564CAB.jpeg

Wow, that's Grrrrrrreat!

VERY RARE promotional giveaway comic circa 1958 with art by Craig Flessel of DC fame, who illustrated Sandman, et al in the 1940s for National Periodical Publications (DC). I have never seen another one. Deals with juvenile delinquency and promulgating for aid and reform. Has anybody else seen one?

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

I just won this in a group lot on hibid. It intrigued me since I couldn’t find any info in Overstreet or with a quick online search. I suspect it’s a shoe store giveaway, so once it gets here I’ll have to check to see if there’s any indication of that. I’ll likely report back at that time…

746A8559-D1F6-452C-95D7-552CFAF56F80.jpeg

On 7/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, iggy said:

I just won this in a group lot on hibid. It intrigued me since I couldn’t find any info in Overstreet or with a quick online search. I suspect it’s a shoe store giveaway, so once it gets here I’ll have to check to see if there’s any indication of that. I’ll likely report back at that time…

746A8559-D1F6-452C-95D7-552CFAF56F80.jpeg

I'm really interested in hearing back once you get this, to know if the back cover is different or if there any other advertising elements. Harvey made complimentary copies of a huge array of issues, often for military distribution. And Charlton did quite a few as charity promos for the Cerebral Palsy Association (and perhaps others). But I don't recall seeing one of these from Archie before, and it seems the major comic databases haven't either.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:36 PM, Dr. Love said:

speaking of air raids

IfAnA-BombFallsfc.thumb.jpg.00b830e3ae67322999be4421e701f4f8.jpg

Nice to see that this is a thing of the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nuclear-attack-psa-leaves-new-yorkers-asking-now-rcna37989