• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Young Avengers Relaunch

17 posts in this topic

Saw this in a DC editors interview 893whatthe.gif on Newsrama.com:

NRAMA: To be blunt, Heinberg’s other ongoing comic book series – Marvel’s Young Avengers – hasn’t exactly maintained a monthly schedule, and it was just recently announced its going to be relaunched as a bi-monthly series next year.

I must have missed that announcement from Marvel 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but it looks like they are going to do YA like Ultimates, only this time it is the writer and not the artist that is the hold up.

Wow! Well, I'm not surprised. Just picked up #10 a week or so ago and its at least a month or more late. I just thought it was the LCS that had gotten it in late but now I see the problem is higher up on the scale. Its funny too 'cause wasn't this the complaint with the Image comics throughout the 90's? That the people couldn't get out the books on time? It just gets me that older generations didn't have this problem. Those guys worked on two to three books at a time and was still able to get things out on time. I mean, its not brain surgery. 27_laughing.gif.

NRAMA: To be blunt, Heinberg’s other ongoing comic book series – Marvel’s Young Avengers – hasn’t exactly maintained a monthly schedule, and it was just recently announced its going to be relaunched as a bi-monthly series next year.

I must have missed that announcement from Marvel 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but it looks like they are going to do YA like Ultimates, only this time it is the writer and not the artist that is the hold up.

This brings up the question on whether people are willing to wait on comics that are supposed to be monthly but are habitually late. A common problem in this hobby at the current time. Personally, I dislike late comics. I don't care what the quality. If the comic isn't in the stores when advertised, I tend to stop reading the title. It's not rocket science to follow a schedule...and if I'm disappointed when going in to buy a comic at it's scheduled release time and have to wait for the next issue, I tend to not want to read the next chapter...

Publishers need to realize that the comics released as advertised are an expectation the readers follow. If it's advertised to me as a monthly title, then it should stick to that schedule. If you doesn't meet that schedule, then why should I as a reader meet the expectation of buying it?

Jim

Okay, so the book is late.. and it's now changing to bi-monthly... but could someone please explain what this has to do with ANOTHER stupid relaunch?

Okay, so the book is late.. and it's now changing to bi-monthly... but could someone please explain what this has to do with ANOTHER stupid relaunch?

You know that answer, Joe. Another round of 1st issue Collector's Item books + potential variant covers. headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

You know that answer, Joe. Another round of 1st issue Collector's Item books + potential variant covers. headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

Woo hoo! yeahok.gif

This brings up the question on whether people are willing to wait on comics that are supposed to be monthly but are habitually late. A common problem in this hobby at the current time. Personally, I dislike late comics. I don't care what the quality. If the comic isn't in the stores when advertised, I tend to stop reading the title. It's not rocket science to follow a schedule...and if I'm disappointed when going in to buy a comic at it's scheduled release time and have to wait for the next issue, I tend to not want to read the next chapter...

Publishers need to realize that the comics released as advertised are an expectation the readers follow. If it's advertised to me as a monthly title, then it should stick to that schedule. If you doesn't meet that schedule, then why should I as a reader meet the expectation of buying it?

Jim

For me, it's just one more reason to skip the monthlies and buy trades.

Jim

Some books aren't traded though.

For me, it's just one more reason to buy them whenever they come out, and read them when a story arc is finished. I could care less when a book comes out. I have plenty to read.

This is such a good book too. I can understand changing the schedule but I really hope they don't start renumbering already, it would totally ruin the book. I do believe Marvel said that the only people going to do YA are Heinberg and Cheung.

Jim

Some books aren't traded though.

For me, it's just one more reason to buy them whenever they come out, and read them when a story arc is finished. I could care less when a book comes out. I have plenty to read.

What books HAVEN'T made it to trade?

I have to fully agree with JC. There is absolutely no reason that Young Avengers should be relauched. They perform poorly and turn around to reward themselves? Just make an announcement that it is now bimonthly with an apology. If it wasn't such a good book, I'd punt it.

Pat