• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Great thread guys. Here's some of my favorites

PictureA.jpg

This is too good not to repeat! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I presume those are the Australian version? Regardless, there's Nothing like seeing a run (partial or not) of a title.

OK, inspired by this thread, I finally got out my wife's digital camera and learned how to post pics from it. Maybe next time I'll remember to turn off the date stamp! 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

flashgroupdoc.jpg

My Blackhawk collection.

Growing very slowly. I have 53 out of 127 now.

Made contact with a person that once worked at the printers where some of these were printed. He kept most of the printing company's file copies when they were being thrown out. I am slowly but surely purchasing them from him.

Top row: 1x3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 18

Second row: 19x2 , 27, 29, 34, 36, 38, 39

Third row: 40, 41, 43, 44, 48, 52, 56

Front Row: 57, 58, 59, 66, 69, 72, 74

I couldn't work out what was going on here, as issues 1 through 8 were Uncle Sam, but I just realised these are Australian copies.

and the B-Team group shot

That Adventure 65 looks really strange.

I've seen loads of copies and the blue is always more turquoise than that.

Either it's an oddment with different colour, or the camera has changed the tone of the blue.

and the B-Team group shot

That Adventure 65 looks really strange.

I've seen loads of copies and the blue is always more turquoise than that.

Either it's an oddment with different colour, or the camera has changed the tone of the blue.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I wondered who would be the first to catch that!

My copy was purchased "stripped" with the top 1/3 of the front cover missing. I grabbed the remainder off a Heritage scan of #65 and printed it out on paper of approximate thickness to these Golden Age covers. So it is a married copy / mock-up, but a cheap Starman cover. I haven't even attached the mockup part of the cover to the original, the two pieces are just lined up together and held in place by the Mylar bag.

And I think the original part of my copy was pretty badly sun faded, as you can see the greens on the plane don't really match up to the greens from the Heritage scan.

I'd do the same if I could find a similar Dr. Fate or Spectre More Fun, or a Flessel-version Sandman Adventure Comics. devil.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Edited by Zonker

I was also going to comment on that Adventure 65. Not about the odd colouring but about the sweetness of the cover itself. A great book, married cover or not. I do tend to like those S&K Guardian covers as well. Glad you broke out the camera Zonker 893applaud-thumb.gif

Aussie Russ, those look like great books and there was something fun and exciting (I don't need much) about seeing new Blackhawk covers thumbsup2.gif

Here's a lighter version so we can see the other books besides BH # 19 -

1154895-BShot.jpg

1154895-BShot.jpg.1847a3a8d17f7b8043774a90b8d86e87.jpg

Wow guys! Your collections are incredible! I am going to start buying pieces here and there now after seeing this thread. There is nothing like those goregeous Golden Age Covers! This is what collecting comics is all about! I love it! Please post more pics it will make it easier for me to pick out what I want to collect.

Thanks! It's all low grade, with maybe a few Fines or Fine+.

I went nuts when I first discovered eBay in '99. I never really saw much Golden Age material at the regional cons I had access to growing up.