• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,322 posts in this topic

I love this stuff! yay.gif

raboygroupdoc.jpg

Me too!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

WOW !! you've all been busy little beavers since I last checked this thread,.some really great stuff everybody,, Zonker you've got a huge collection, love those Flashes, and World's Finest, I've always loved # 7, and love those Blackhawks Aussie !!,,

I just wanted to thank you Alton, for starting one of the best threads in my 14 months with the boards. thumbsup2.gif I am expecting a package from CGC today. I may post a picture of my group of two. blush.gif I would also like to thank everyone for posting their great collections. Every one of them is most impressive.

Mike

no problem comicdonna, I was only inspired by the group shots I've seen in prior threads, like Ian's pics, Batman-fan and others..

I tried this the other day but my files weren't linking from my remote location.

Here are some groups of comics from my collection. I haven't been able to get good photos of groups of comics but these are okay.

archie01.JPG

archie02.JPG

pep1.JPG

pep2.JPG

laugh.JPG

millie.JPG

patsy.jpg

Here are some groups of comics from my collection. I haven't been able to get good photos of groups of comics but these are okay.

When I first looked, the first and second pics blended in with each other and I thought "he's got 2 runs of Archie!" 893whatthe.gif

Then I looked closer and realized it was two photos of the same group of books. blush.gif

Still, very, VERY impressive. thumbsup2.gif

I tried to photograph these, but I sure didn't like the results. I only lined up a few books to see what they would look like. I'm glad I didn't do this for all of them.

ci1.jpg

ci2.jpg

Nice Classics Mica. I've got a short box of readers, they are neat comics. Do you try to get all the different covers?
Thanks, yeah on occasion I may go for a different cover, but it's not necessary all the time. Sometimes the interior artwork changes, but often just a slight cover change is all that happens.

thumbsup2.gif Thanks for lightening it up, Scrooge! When you first posted Saturday, I didn't really see the point, as the two versions looked very similar on my home computer. Here at work though my original is very hard to see. I'm not sure if it is due to different graphics cards in the two different systems, or just the lighting here in cubicle-land, but regardless... thank you! flowerred.gif

I was also going to comment on that Adventure 65. Not about the odd colouring but about the sweetness of the cover itself. A great book, married cover or not. I do tend to like those S&K Guardian covers as well. Glad you broke out the camera Zonker 893applaud-thumb.gif

Aussie Russ, those look like great books and there was something fun and exciting (I don't need much) about seeing new Blackhawk covers thumbsup2.gif

Here's a lighter version so we can see the other books besides BH # 19 -

1154895-BShot.jpg

Here's my group of 2 I hopew to add some more soon.

893applaud-thumb.gif Gotta start somewhere!

Nice books! Love the Planet.

What's the difference in those two similar but very different version of Northwest Mounties. The cover dress is different as well as the art!

Is this US versus Canada or different time / printing?

I was wondering the same thing, Scrooge! The NW Mounties on the left seems to have a pence mark in the LLC, no? Maybe there were two different printings, and the second printing had to be redrawn/swiped because they didn't have access to the original art for some reason? I'd like to see closeups of those.

The Northwest Mounties #2 are U.S. Version on the right and Australian on the left. I purchased the Aussie version off ebay out of curiosity. The cover is a complete re-draw. I'd have to go back and check to see if the interiors are as well.

I graded the book before sending it in. It is very solid, with off-white pages. Right on top of where it says april, there is a tear measuring 3/4" right on the money. CGC did a great job, making sure it didn't show. I was very pleased with the book. CGC was a little hard on the #99 IMO It has white pages, with no tears. I like the idea of buying raw, and looking the book over before sending it to CGC. I am going to be very careful, and search for books with nice colors. BTW the seller gave the #99 a 8.5