• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Great books you have there Point Five. How low of grades are we talking on your early Actions? You certainly picked some of the best Superman covers for your collection. #19, 40, & 59 are all high on my want list. Nice Schomburg covers too. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the kind words everyone. thumbsup2.gif To answer your question, Brian, all of these early Actions are beaters by the standards here... #18 is missing first wrap & back cover (tho still one of my very favorite books!); #19 missing back cover; #33 is about G+ with tape on the spine; #40 is about Fair to Fair/Good.

AWESOME! hail.gif

Can you post a larger scan of the Startling Terror and the Secrets of Love? Man, there are just too many cool books with his covers that I want to buy. I need to get a romance cover next.

Will do! ...just give me a day or two. I think you'll really like that Secrets of Love book with the purple cover...it has a cool snowflake effect very similar to the one on your Catman 31, and beautiful colors. Took me quite a while to find that one.

Great comics, Jon! thumbsup2.gif

One suggestion I have for this thread is to use the attachment feature, instead of hosting the photos externally. There have been some great threads that are now ghost towns because the pics were hotlinked and the links are no longer valid. Just a thought.

Thanks again guys... hi.gif

FWIW I tried to post these as attachments, but they exceed the maximum size of files this site will let you attach. Probably true of most of these big group shots, I guess.

And finally, here's my Fox Comics group shot! As with the LB Coles, the hot colors on these really make them look good together. Kindly take note of the extremely rare "red logo variant" Science #3... tongue.gif

fox.jpg

And finally, here's my Fox Comics group shot! As with the LB Coles, the hot colors on these really make them look good together. Kindly take note of the extremely rare "red logo variant" Science #3... tongue.gif

NICE SHOT pointfive!! That's what i was hoping to see. Beauty books... really like the SCIENCE #6, and the WONDERWORLD #12. But they are all great books. Always nice to see a grouping like that.

Um, CENTAUR group shot anyone?

ps. Point Five :

If you have a digital camera, I'd love to see some of the STARDUST art from the FANTASTIC's, if thats ok (posted on the FOX cover thread, when that gets rolling). The art I have seen of the STARDUST strip looks so cool , and so typically golden age sci-fi!! Any idea who the artist was on that strip? Thanks for any info you have! I PROMISE to get the Rex Dexter pix up.

I'll have to pick up some of those FANTASTIC's one day...

ps. Point Five :

If you have a digital camera, I'd love to see some of the STARDUST art from the FANTASTIC's, if thats ok (posted on the FOX cover thread, when that gets rolling). The art I have seen of the STARDUST strip looks so cool , and so typically golden age sci-fi!! Any idea who the artist was on that strip? Thanks for any info you have!

We'll have plenty to chat about... Stay tuned. thumbsup2.gif

Great comics, pointfive. Low-grade, Shmow grade. My goal is to put together a collection of complete, unrestored early Detectives and Batmans. Who cares about condition? I'll have a hard enough time finding the books and affording them in any grade, to worry about condition.

AWESOME! hail.gif

Can you post a larger scan of the Startling Terror and the Secrets of Love? Man, there are just too many cool books with his covers that I want to buy. I need to get a romance cover next.

Will do! ...just give me a day or two. I think you'll really like that Secrets of Love book with the purple cover...it has a cool snowflake effect very similar to the one on your Catman 31, and beautiful colors. Took me quite a while to find that one.

Me too! That's not a book you see often and even from the small pic it looks cool!

You have excellent examples of Cole's 50s books! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Um, CENTAUR group shot anyone?

I'll post some fun group shots in the near future. I'm finally getting my act together to show some new books, after years of coasting on the same old scans.

Looking forward to 'em!

ps. Point Five :

If you have a digital camera, I'd love to see some of the STARDUST art from the FANTASTIC's, if thats ok (posted on the FOX cover thread, when that gets rolling). The art I have seen of the STARDUST strip looks so cool , and so typically golden age sci-fi!! Any idea who the artist was on that strip? Thanks for any info you have!

We'll have plenty to chat about... Stay tuned. thumbsup2.gif

I am looking forward to seeing some samples from those books.... i read your comments in another thread about SPACE SMITH i think... same artist?? I gots to get me some of those FANTASTICS!! Looking forward to the photo "trade"! And to your FOX covers.

Just to keep on track, here is the second half of my collection... pretty sad, i can fit all my comics in two photos!! Oh well, gotta start somewhere. I've got a few on the way. My pulp collection is way bigger (they are also generally WAY cheaper than G.A. comics!!). 1271144-groupshot2POST.JPG

1271144-groupshot2POST.JPG.7e39c704ecf25a8158d29d0cc2f03c9c.JPG

Edited by RyanH

My pulp collection is way bigger (they are also generally WAY cheaper than G.A. comics!!).

Can we see more of that? popcorn.gif

For sure , Scrooge. Have you checked out the Frank R. Paul thread? Most of my pulp collection consists of Paul covers (and a few back covers), and I'm picking my fav covers to put up on that thread (along with SUPERWORLD COMICS #2 and 3 when i get them!). There have been some other great contributions by other board members as well.

(OR, did you mean a group shot of pulps?) confused.gif