• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

So much for 'Tec #187 being the hardest book in the run to find.

I think we're looking at the reason why 27_laughing.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Must keep this thread going. Vintage early 1950's !!

BATMAN014.jpg[/img]

Wow! I'm having trouble finding just one Detective 187. Found two dealers that have a copy. Both GVG but one has tape on the cover and the other has tan pages.

How often do they come up on eBay? I've seen 2 but they were in pretty bad shape.

Bat-Hound, your Detective group shot reminds me of the Metropolis booth at conventions: multiple copies of key and scarce books, making them all seem common.

I just bought Metropolis out 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey Bat-Hound, do you have a Detective #187 with a large ink stain on the back cover?

I had suspected 187 was tough, but this thread is the first confirmation I've seen. A while back, I wanted to read all the pre-Batman 234 Two-Face stories-- they've all been reprinted in various places except for this one. It took me forever to find a copy on eBay. I had it on daily email alerts via My Favorite Searches, and I think I only saw 2 or 3 copies show up in a year or so of searching. I finally settled on a taped spine copy (and I hate tape mad.gif), just to read the story.

The cover with him hanging on the hands of the massive clock is an iconic Two Face image-- Neal Adams used that as one of the central flashbacks in the Batman 234 story that introduced me to the character.

I had suspected 187 was tough, but this thread is the first confirmation I've seen. A while back, I wanted to read all the pre-Batman 234 Two-Face stories-- they've all been reprinted in various places except for this one. It took me forever to find a copy on eBay. I had it on daily email alerts via My Favorite Searches, and I think I only saw 2 or 3 copies show up in a year or so of searching. I finally settled on a taped spine copy (and I hate tape mad.gif), just to read the story.

The cover with him hanging on the hands of the massive clock is an iconic Two Face image-- Neal Adams used that as one of the central flashbacks in the Batman 234 story that introduced me to the character.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I want to read the story too, so tan pages are a big turnoff.

I wasn't aware until recently that it's not the real Two-Face on the cover. Here's a page from the story.

1253835-D187.JPG.d125c34942d7c44215cb9941f6810192.JPG

I`m working on having them all in the census.

Have to find them for sale first.

Anyone else out there collect like this or am I the only nut.

This is a tough book to find, I have been collecting them for many years.

Anyone have one for sale.

John