• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

How about a nice correctly sized and high resolution scan of the back cover of that future #2. I have a nice copy without a back cover. I won't ask for it to be double sided
I don't think my 8 1/2 x 11 scanner will accomodate it. Not to mention the CGC case. And as tempting as it is to crack open to read the book, I don't have the pedigree documentation so resubmission might be dicey. tongue.gif There was another one on CL, but I don't know what happened to it. The fair one is still there.

How about a nice correctly sized and high resolution scan of the back cover of that future #2. I have a nice copy without a back cover. I won't ask for it to be double sided
I don't think my 8 1/2 x 11 scanner will accomodate it. Not to mention the CGC case. And as tempting as it is to crack open to read the book, I don't have the pedigree documentation so resubmission might be dicey. tongue.gif There was another one on CL, but I don't know what happened to it. The fair one is still there.

I don't need the lable scanned, just a clear shot of the back so I can slide it in the bag with my copy. cloud9.gif

Thanks anyway if you can't get a decent image.

I don't need the lable scanned, just a clear shot of the back so I can slide it in the bag with my copy.
I understood. All I was saying is the case is too big for my scanner and I'm not cracking the case, temptation to handle the book aside. smile.gif

I don't need the lable scanned, just a clear shot of the back so I can slide it in the bag with my copy.
I understood. All I was saying is the case is too big for my scanner and I'm not cracking the case, temptation to handle the book aside. smile.gif
sorry.gif27_laughing.gif

It's a fun book.. I could scan the stories for you if you really want to read it. confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif27_laughing.gif

It's a fun book.. I could scan the stories for you if you really want to read it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Feel free to send them my way. popcorn.gif

sorry.gif27_laughing.gif

Feel free to send them my way. popcorn.gif

I guess I could just scan them for the boards.

Next time I'm in the dungeon, I'll pull it upstairs for scanning.

I figured I'd do it for AGRO 23 if he wanted as his is slabbed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow aardvark, great books!!!! And right up my alley too. I own your bottom right corner, the Detective and both All-Americans. But man, I can't touch that fellow in your upper left! hail.gif

I figured I'd do it for AGRO 23 if he wanted as his is slabbed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Yes, please.
1221413-ComicBook1387.JPG1221413-ComicBook1388.JPG1221413-ComicBook1389.JPG1221413-ComicBook1390.JPG1221413-ComicBook1391.JPG

You get the idea on the Lone Ranger.....

Here's a couple of other interior pages...1221413-ComicBook1394.JPG

1221413-ComicBook1395.JPG

1221413-ComicBook1393.JPG1221413-ComicBook1392.JPG

There are a few phantom stories

1221413-ComicBook1396.JPG

A few Rush Newton Stories

1221413-ComicBook1397.JPG

Some interior stories with black and white drawings

A few shorts of the time

and then a nice color centerfold 1221413-ComicBook1398.JPG1221413-ComicBook1399.JPG

The back page Family Portraits

1221413-ComicBook1400.JPG

And my image of an image of the back cover....

1221413-ComicBook1401.JPG

1221413-ComicBook1401.JPG.1a5b85ff886ce0b0a33731d19db7fdda.JPG

In case you're wondering what happened to Benny McCoy, touted as possibly the next Eddie Collins:

1221413-ComicBook1398.JPG

Connie Mack paid him an announced $45,000 bonus to sign with the A's and gave him a two-year contract. McCoy played in 1940 and 1941 and put up decent (but not great) numbers (1941 was his better year, at .271/.384/.368, 95 walks in 517 at bats but little power). He spent the next four years in the Navy, and his major league baseball career ended. In 1942 he played on a military all-star team that included Bob Feller and Sam Chapman which played an exhibition game against AL All-Stars in Cleveland in front of 60,000 fans to benefit military relief, raising $160,000 (the AL team won 5-0). Apparently, according to what I can find, he's still alive and would be 91 this year.

I think it's interesting that Future Comics had 2 western stories, a pirate story, a Phantom story, a baseball centerfold and only 1 "future" story. I wonder if people who bought it at the time felt ripped?

I think it's interesting that Future Comics had 2 western stories, a pirate story, a Phantom story, a baseball centerfold and only 1 "future" story. I wonder if people who bought it at the time felt ripped?

There's actualy a few westerns, a few phantoms, a few detective types, a few interior shorts, and the one sci fi story. I paid $17 for my copy, so I don't feel too ripped. cloud9.gif

See how nice the pages are..... 893whatthe.gif

Yes, please.

Here's a couple of other interior pages...

A few shorts of the time

and then a nice color centerfold

Thanks!!!

Yes, please.

Here's a couple of other interior pages...

A few shorts of the time

and then a nice color centerfold

Thanks!!!

I could scan the whole thing for you in the future and put them in order. Lots of pages, and time.

Collin

There's actualy a few westerns, a few phantoms, a few detective types, a few interior shorts, and the one sci fi story. I paid $17 for my copy, so I don't feel too ripped. cloud9.gif

See how nice the pages are..... 893whatthe.gif

I meant the little kiddies of the 40's(?) Not any of us today. The cover alone is worth the price of admission.