• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,344 posts in this topic

Wow, there have been some mind blowing shots!! Here is my meager contribution to the thread... I have only started re-collecting in the last two years, after selling what few G.A. books I had to buy an original Frank R. Paul pulp illustration. Since I've started buying again, I've concentrated on my favorite covers (and artists), and try to be selective in my choices.

Would love to see someone else's Centaur or early Fox group shot! Has that been done on this thread yet? 1266579-groupshot1POST.JPG

It may be small - but still very cool. Have you posted the Paul Illo.?

Wow, there have been some mind blowing shots!! Here is my meager contribution to the thread... I have only started re-collecting in the last two years, after selling what few G.A. books I had to buy an original Frank R. Paul pulp illustration. Since I've started buying again, I've concentrated on my favorite covers (and artists), and try to be selective in my choices.

Would love to see someone else's Centaur or early Fox group shot! Has that been done on this thread yet? 1266579-groupshot1POST.JPG

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Very nice books 893applaud-thumb.gif

How close are you on the DC run Scrooge? Looks like there is some costly issues in there.

Don't encourage me! I've got 31 of the 41 I need.

Missing: Action, Batman, Comic Cavalcade, Fox & Crow, Girl's Romances, Hollywood Funny Folks, Secret Hearts, Sensation, Superboy and Wonder Woman.

Have: A Date with Judy, Adventure, Adventures of Bob Hope, Adventures of Rex the Wonder Dog, All-American Western, All-Star Western, Animal Antics, Big Town, Buzzy, Dale Evans, Detective, Flippity & Flop, Funny Stuff, GangBusters, Girl's Love Stories, Here's Howie, House of Mystery, Jimmy Wakely, Leading Screen, Leave it to Binky, Mr. District Attorney, Mutt and Jeff, Mystery in Space, Peter Porkchops, Real Screen, Star Splangled, Strange Adventures, Superman, Tomahawk, Western Comics, World's Finest

It never fails that Romance books end up on the remaining list. However, for DC, I am to blame: I let some go by me not realizing that I should buy them when I see them! Of the books above (for March 1952), in order of me seeing them most frequently, I'd say:

Action

Batman

Superboy

Fox & Crow

Wonder Woman

Funny Folks

Sensation

Girl's Romance

Comic Cavalcade

Secret Hearts

Here are my LB Cole books so far. It isn't much next to the monster collections in the rest of this thread, but I have only been after them for a few months so cut me some slack. grin.gif

colegroup.jpg

Here are my LB Cole books so far. It isn't much next to the monster collections in the rest of this thread, but I have only been after them for a few months so cut me some slack. grin.gif

colegroup.jpg

You have some real beauties there . I have a Catman # 30 & # 31 also ,great stuff . L. B. Cole rocks!! hail.gif

Are you also trying to collect all of Cole's work ?? Now there's a Quest!! smile.gif

Right now I am just trying to get the covers I really like, and examples from every genre. I suppose sometime down the road I might try and get all of them.

Are you going for a full set? 893whatthe.gif

colegroup.jpg

Great covers october!! Quality stuff!! its amazing how these books look even better when bunched together!! its like a page out of Gerber.

Nah!! I need a Catman # 27 . I already have # 28, # 29 , # 30 # 31# 32 . I'm not crazy over # 26 . i wouldn't turn it down if the price was right though & it had nice eye appeal. There is though other L. B. Cole books that I will go after in the future , but collecting Centaurs & Fox comics among others keeps me busy enough. grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gifyay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Man, I missed some great posts today! Let's start here:

1266579-groupshot1POST.JPG

Great books, Ryan! thumbsup2.gif

I would love to know more about that Rex Dexter one-shot, as I've always been curious about it (and funny

enough, I came across a full-page ad for it in Fantastic Comics #10 earlier today which renewed my

curiosity). How are the stories inside? Is the art pretty generic, or do you recognize any of the more distinctive

artists from the other Fox titles?

Someone should start a thread that focuses on early Fox covers. I don't think we've had one like that yet.

You're right! And I've been meaning to do so for a long time. Stay tuned!

I am about ten issues away from completing my Tracy run.

Most of my collection is in storage so I could not get a picture of the complete grouping.

DickTracymidgrades.jpg

Don't see too many Tracys shown here on the boards. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif